Busman's Holiday

After another altercation between Kwazii and Tweak (and a few hundred dollars in damages), it was time for another dare.

"Do we have anything?" Kwazii asked sprawling himself all over the beanbag chair he was seated in.

"Here we go!" Tweak exclaimed, swiping on the tablet that Dashi had surrendered to her with enthusiasm.

"From @Uniquedoll602, I dare Peso to take a day off." The penguin began to squirm uncomfortably in the beanbag that was double his size.

"But- my patients!" The Captain reached over an arm and hugged his pure-hearted but overworked medic and surrogate son.

"You won't be able to help them while you're all burned. Take a break. We'll take care of everything for you." The polar bear (father) reassured.

"Aye, I'll help!" Kwazii exclaimed enthusiastically.

"You're not helping." Tweak singsonged as Kwazii maturely stuck his tongue out at her. Peso still didn't look convinced.

"I still have Pinto to watch." Peso pointed out.

"I'll look after him, my boy." Professor Inkling offered, "You've earned yourself a holiday."

"Relax, Peso." Dashi soothed, taking a seat by her friend and beginning to rub his back softly, "We'll be fine, and if its an absolute emergency, we'll come and get you, alright. There's that new Pixar movie you've wanted to watch with me for a while, what is it? Lightyear?" She decided a little more coaxing wouldn't hurt.

"Yes, it's called Lightyear, and I'd like that very much; thank you, Dashi." Peso smiled shyly and buried his face in his friend's chest.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Dashi replied brightly, "I think the Vegimals may have made some fish biscuits." Now there was no way Peso could refuse, and everyone knew it.

"Aye, matey." Kwazii grinned impishly and grinned at his little penguin pal, "And ye better get to those biscuits quickly."

"Yeah, a few seconds too late and Kwazii will eat them all." Tweak sniggered as Kwazii pretended to pout.

"Go on, Peso. Enjoy your day off." The Captain promised, "We have everything under control."
—————————————————————
They did not, in fact, have everything under control. Within five minutes of Kwazii and Tweak stepping foot into the Sick Bay, everything fell to pieces.

Shellington had been left in charge, mainly because he was the one with the most experience in the anatomy of sea creatures, and he was the most mature out of the trio, not that there was much competition.

"So, Shel," Kwazii snuck up behind him and gave him a hearty slap on the back, "What's our plan?"

Shellington was taken aback; he really hadn't given this too much thought yet, "well, er, maybe we can take out some equipment for when we'll need it?" He suggested weakly.

"I like it!" Kwazii cackled, ran to the medical cabinet, and began tossing anything he could get his paws on out onto the ground.

"Kwazii, no!" Shellington cried and rushed to stop the overgrown orange toddler in front of him from destroying anything fragile.

"Don't waste your energy, Shel." Tweak advised, leaning against the wall on the opposite end of the room, "Just tie him to a wall."

"Tie him to a-?" Shellington was cut off by a loud crash and an even louder "YEEEEEEOOOOOOW!" Both heads turned in the direction of the now nonexistent medical cabinet and the cat now sitting among the wreckage.

"See," Tweak crossed her arms pointedly.

"Yes, I do." Shellington shook his head disbelievingly, "And we still have 23 hours and 55 minutes to go."

"No chance we'll last that long." Tweak said with complete confidence.

"No, we will not." Shellington agreed.

"I'll fix the medical cabinet and you put him on a leash." Tweak decided on the spot.

"Not a bad idea." Shellington had to admit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, in the Game Pod, Peso and Dashi were watching their Disney movies, surrounded by their armies of stuffed animals and having the time of their lives, knowing they were free for responsibility for the time being, free to relax and let their hair down, even if it only for a moment, and completely unaware of the madness going on beneath them.