A little bit of conjuring with a touch of enchantment.

Start from the beginning

"So this is your mom's grimoire, huh?"

Says Kai as he reaches to grab it.

"Kai wait!"

I yell out quickly but I was too late. Kai's hand touched the grimoire.

The grimoire slams close and Kai retracts his hand quickly before it slammed on it. The grimoire then floated off the table from in front of him and few in front of me and stood floating in front me my face until I grabbed it.

"What the hell was that?"

He questions.

"I guess my mom enchanted the it. No one can touch it unless it tell the it it's okay."

"Your mom enchanted it, of course she did."

He says with a slight laugh.

"I know my mom thought of it all."

I pout.

"Hey, it's not a bad thing. She's just fulled of surprises."

"Who are you telling?"

We both laugh at the fact my mom always has something in store for us to find. I wonder what else she may have hidden just waiting for us to figure out? I sit the grimoire back down on the table in front of Kai.

"It's okay, it is cool."

I tell it as I look at Kai with a smile. Kai's eyes light up with excitement as his met mine.

The grimoire does a slight wiggle with a jiggle sound and the pages start to fly open to the page I was studying.

Kai lets out loud laugh that I am not sure I have ever heard from him before, it startled me a little.

"What's so funny."

I ask trying to hold back my laughter at his random outburst.

"I don't know who is more stubborn you Clarke women or this grimoire."

"What is that supposed to mean I say folding my arms.

"No, don't get offended in any way. I just can't read it."

"What?"

I say confused while looking down at the grimoire, I can see the words of my mothers conjuring spell perfectly fine.

"I can read it perfectly fine."

"You can of course. But to me the page is blank."

"What? Really?"

"Yes, you told it it was okay. You didn't say specifically what I was cool in doing. I am assuming I can touch it now."

He reached out hesitantly and then placed his hand on the page. When it didn't slam shut he says,

"See."

I giggle.

"Wow, okay. It's okay, Kai can read you."

In response it let out another jiggle and I see Kai's eyes widen with amazement.

"Can you see it now?"

"Yeah. Your mom was pretty cool."

He says looking at me with a smile and a softness in his eyes.

"Yeah, she was."

I agree with a sadness in my heart.

"So, what was I doing wrong?"

I question before I got emotional.

Kai clears his throat.

"Yeah, lets see."

I watch as he looks the page over. I want to laugh in how serious he looks while reading it. But I control myself. As I am watching him I can see how focused he is as he looks every word over. I missed being like this with him. Being close and bonding with one another without any distractions or arguments.