Hate

"Finn? Why are you here?" I ask completely confused. He is the golden boy not a gangster.

"The more important question is why are you here? Clarke, you were supposed to kill him. He knows too much." He turns away from me to glare at Clarke.

"He doesn't know anything. I tried to tell you at the party. He's oblivious. He didn't even have a clue as to who I was until you had to grab him." She stands up to tower over him even though he's taller than her.

"I heard him call you princess. He knew." He says as spit flings from his mouth. "How could he not know you? Your dad is the one who killed his. He was just playing you; trying to get back at your dad." Instantly I remember everything.

I am eight years old.

"Bellamy," my mom says. "Over there is the Opal Princess. I need you to go say hi and make sure to be nice."

"Okay, Mom." I say and step closer to the girl.

"Hi, I'm Bellamy. What's your name?" I ask her.

"Opal."

"Why is your name Opal?" I ask and my mom pinches my neck.

"My dad says it's because I remind him of a gem." She giggles. "Do you want to see my room?"

"Sure." I follow her after getting a warning glare from my mom.

"This is Cage." She points to a boy who's about 12 years old. "He has to stay with us."

"Why?"

"Because he needs to make sure no one hurts me."

"Why would someone hurt you?"

"My Daddy's a-"

"You can't talk about it." Cage says harshly and yanks on her arm like my mom did the day I walked into the street without looking for cars. He lets go too fast and she falls backwards. Her head hits the corner of a table and I see blood.

Opal starts to cry and I give her a hug. I know that that makes Octavia feel better. When I look up I see that we are surrounded by a bunch of men. They are scary; even worse than my mom's friends.

"Let go of her!" Someone shouts. I drop my arms and step away from Opal. She wipes at her eyes and sniffs.

"I didn't do anything. She was crying. I wanted to help her." I say as a man grabs me by the arm. He's very strong. I cry out from the pain.

"Baby are you okay?" A woman pushes her way through the men to pick Opal up and she starts to sob again. "My princess is bleeding. He did this." She points at me.

"No, I didn't." I look at the man holding me and try to pull away from him. He holds tighter. I can see my dad coming up behind them.

"Dad!" I yell to him but he doesn't smile like I thought he would. He looks grim. He takes me from the man and I willingly go into his arms.

But instead of hugging me he shakes me. "Boy, what have you done? I only had three weeks left."

"Nothing. It was him." I point at Cage. "He hurt her."

"You are going to accuse my son?" The woman laughs. "Figures, trash like you would try to do something like that. You better teach your boy some manners."

"He won't have time for that. You knew the price when you signed on. You have broken the deal and will pay accordingly." A new man walks up.

"Kane, please. He's just a boy. It will never happen again." My dad looks so sad.

"He is just a boy so he may go. Your boy and your wife have one chance to disappear. I will give them two hours to leave the city. If they are not gone by then they will be met by the same fate that you are destined to meet."

"Thank you." My dad says even though he doesn't sound happy. He kneels down to look me in the eyes. "Bellamy you need to go. Take care of your mother and sister for me. Do you understand? They are your responsibility now."

"Why can't you come with us?" I ask as tears fall down my cheeks.

"I need to stay here. Find your mom and run." He whispers and gives me a hug.

"Enough. Go." Kane rips me away from my dad. "Leave before I change my mind."

I give my dad one last look before running to find my mom. When I do she already knows what's going on somehow because she picks me up and rushes to the door.

"I will never forgive you for this. I would trade you for your father if they'd let me." She says and it hurts as bad as the sound of the gunshot that follows. "Your father is dead because of you."

I see the little girl as we go outside and I hate her. She's the one who let people believe that I hurt her. She is the reason that my dad died. The Opal Princess let my dad die and my mom hate me. She stole my family from me. All she had to do was speak up.

A/N I hope this makes sense :) I have the next chapter ready to go up, but want to make sure this one works first.