Kennedy

I look from Clarke to Kennedy and then back to Clarke. Neither of them looks very happy, but I know right now I have to choose Kennedy. If she's not happy then we're all in trouble. I put my hand on Clarke's arm at her elbow.

"Hey, do you mind giving us a minute?" I ask her.

"No worries. I'll just be upfront." She walks away and I have to fight every bone in my body from chasing after her.

I look back to Kennedy and plaster a smirk on my face. She is dressed in what can only be called a shirt. She's wearing it as a dress, but when she turns to lead the way inside I can see half of her butt. I can't believe that I actually used to enjoy seeing her dressed like this. I was an idiot. That's something about Clarke that stood out to me. It's not that my views have changed because of her, but that they changed and I finally found a girl that fits.

"What do you want, Ken?" I say knowing that she hates that nickname.

"Do you want a drink?" She asks while reaching up for a glass from the top shelf in the cupboard. When she does this the shirt rides up, but before I see more I look away.

"No, Ken. I am busy so tell me what you need." I have zero patience for her.

"Well, I saw you and that blonde bimbo leave together last night." She pauses as if waiting for me to deny what she says.

"Her name is Clarke and yes, she helped me get O home after she got hurt." I push the glass filled with bourbon away from me on the counter after Kennedy shoves it into my hand.

"Right." She downs the alcohol in one gulp. "And now you brought the skank back to my house on your precious motorcycle. I thought girls weren't allowed on your bike."

"Her name is Clarke. I'm not going to remind you again. And most girls aren't allowed on it." I answer honestly.

"So, why her? Are the rumors true?"

"You'd have to fill me on what the rumors are. I don't waste my time listening to you girls gab about each other."

"There's a rumor going around that you've gone soft; that this new girl is making you weak. Seeing her on your bike I can see why they think that."

"It's not like that. She helped me with O so I helped her. You for one should know that I don't like owing people favors."

"Then can I have a ride later?" She slides her candy red nail down my chest. If I were less of a gentleman I would snap that hooker finger of hers.

"No."

"Why not?" She pouts.

I know what I want to say and what I will say are too different things. In my head I tell her because I don't want trash on my bike but out loud I lie through my teeth.

"I care about you too much. I would hate for you to get hurt and my motorcycle isn't the safest thing. As for Clarke I couldn't care less what happens to her." I look out the window that I now realize is open and see blonde hair just outside. I know it is Clarke. Did she hear what I said? Please tell me she didn't.

"Aren't you a sweetheart?" Kennedy leans forward to give me a sloppy kiss on the lips. I bite her lip to get her to pull back. She touches her lip and winks at me. "I forgot how feisty you were. I like it."

"Bye, Kennedy. I'll see you at the family dinner tomorrow." I walk out to the front door and walk outside to see Clarke walking around from the side of the house.

So she did hear everything. At least she didn't see the kiss, right?

"How long have you and Kennedy been a thing?" She asks after hopping onto my bike behind me.  

"It's complicated." I say and then start the engine.

"I'm sure it is what with her thinking you've gone soft for a blonde bimbo and all." She says into my ear.

A/N Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting. We broke 6,000 reads today which is awesome! Hope you hate Kennedy as much as I do!

Also, I'll be on vacation for the next week so I won't be able to update everyday. I'm hoping to finish one more tomorrow morning before I leave, but if not I'll try to get a chapter or two uploaded during the week.

You guys are awesome!