The Killer Dress

It's just after nine when Miller and I get to my house and I see the lights all off. I don't wait to turn the engine off in my car before dashing to the front door. It's open. The adrenaline is pumping through my veins so fast that I can't hear a single thing except the blood rushing.

I shove the door open and already have my gun pulled out from the holster at my side. I'm glad that I actually have it on me. I hear a squeal from Octavia's room and then another. I am can't make out anything else except when there is a big crash and more screaming. I don't waste time on turning the doorknob. I just kick the door down without stopping.

"Ahhhh!" Octavia screams at the top of her lungs.

"Bell! Did you just kick my door down?" Octavia glares at me from the floor where she's sitting. It looks like she fell.

"What happened?" I ignore her question because I'm still trying to calm down. She's okay. It's not like last time. Everything is okay.

"You kicked my door down. That's what happened. Now, get out!" Clarke leans down to help Octavia up which is when I notice her for the first time since I got in the room. When I do see her my mouth goes dry and I can't help but skim my eyes down and back up her body.

She has dark makeup around her eyes that make them look huge, and not in the creepy goth way like that girl Harper at school. She has bright red lips that I want to bite into, of course not for pain. And the dress, more like shirt she's wearing barely goes past mid-thigh. It clings to her like a second skin and leaves next to nothing to my imagination which is running on full blast at the moment.

"Bell, quit being such a creep." O's voice pulls me out of my thoughts, but I still can't pull my eyes away from Clarke.

"Do you like it?" Clarke asks and gives me a shy smile and I can see a hint of a blush on her cheeks. It throws me off that she looks nervous because all I've seen from her so far is confidence. This new side of her makes me want to grab her, hold her close, and never let go.

"You look amazing." I say and am surprised at the huskiness of my own voice.

"Thank you. So you think this will be okay to wear to my first party in Arkville?" She does a twirl and all I can think about it how much I wish we could just stay here.

"Yes, definitely." Then my mind clears and I start to think of all of the guys that will be staring at her and thinking the same thing as me. I'm instantly furious.

"No!" I shout and she looks at me with hurt eyes. "I mean. No, you'll get cold. Change. Wear jeans and a hoodie or something."

"What? Bell, you know it's 80 degrees outside right? She looks hot. She should obviously wear it." O says and I finally tear my eyes away from Clarke for long enough to give O a death glare. Her eyes widen with understanding.

"No, you are not ruinning another friendship of mine. Back up and go. We'll see you there." O shoves me out the door and I trip over the broken door. "And just so you know I expect this to be fixed by the time we get home." She points at the door laying on the ground.

"Don't worry, I'll fix it. And Clarke please just put more on." I plead with the firecracker next to my sister.

"What were you talking about? Ruining friendships?" I hear Clarke ask as I go to my room.

A/N Hope you like it!