~ Chapter Eighty Six ~

A/n: Credit goes to UnfortunateUmbrella for some of the dialogue in this chapter. She's written a few scenes of her own for this story and I really appreciate her support and her allowing me to use some of her work and her character Victoria. Hope you like it, girl! :)

"What do you think? Veil or no veil?" Sloane asked, moving the long piece of sheer white fabric near her head as she stared at the mirror. "I like without the veil," Dusk suggested. The gravity girl slightly nodded, and neatly folded up the fabric. While Sloane went back to hemming her wedding dress, Dusk looked around the room, noticing that neither Allison nor Dahlia were there to help her. Victoria was hard at work on the outfits, assuring her friend everything was under control, despite the raven's attempts to help.

"I'm surprised Dahlia's not in here," Dusk spoke up. Sloane looked up for a moment before going back to her needlework. "You know, Lia hasn't always been so cold," She explained. Dusk's eyebrows quirked up. She tried to kill me twice! I would say she's always been cold. "What do you mean by that?" Dusk inquired. The fifth Sparrow briefly explained Dahlia used to be social and a part of the team. How she used to be outgoing and friendly toward most of them. "Then, one day... there was an accident,"

Accident? Was it something similar that happened to our Ben? Even from far away, the phoenix could see her future sister-in-law was getting uncomfortable by the topic. "I just hope she's not alone when this place gets blinked out of existence," Sloane sighed. Kind of like how I don't want Victoria to be alone. The two women switched from the depressing topic to the decorating, and the bride curiously asked how it was coming along.

"It's coming along great. We did have a problem with the disco lights, but we got it all solved," Dusk answered. Sloane smiled at the thought of the night, claiming she wondered if it would be like all those fairytale weddings. "It's gonna be so nice to have another sister," Dusk smiled. Sloane nodded, holding an inviting arm out to the raven. With a smile, the raven walked over to her, and they embraced.

"I don't mean to interrupt this cute conversation, but I need to speak with Sloane in private," a knock came from the door, along with the sound of Ben's voice. "Fine. Slo, anything I can do for you?" Dusk asked, looking over her shoulder. "Nope, I'm okay!" She answered. As the sounds of Ben and the bride's conversation faded away from her field of hearing, Dusk walked back to the tailors to find Victoria.

The tiny bell above the door rang as she opened it, seeing the redhead at one of the mannequins with a few pins in-between her lips, humming to herself. "There you are!" Dusk said with relief as she shut the door. "Yeah, I've had to listen to your brothers and that bastard sing, obviously a bit tipsy... no wait, far from tipsy. It gets old after a while, you know?" Victoria said with a look of obviousness. Dusk nodded in reply, curious to see how her dress was coming along.

"Anyway, I'm almost done, whatcha think?" the redhead asked, gesturing towards the mannequin. Dusk walked forward a bit, scanning the dress from top to bottom.

 Dusk walked forward a bit, scanning the dress from top to bottom