~ Chapter Nineteen ~

"Can't you go any faster?" Diego asked exasperation at the edge of his voice. "I'm going as fast as I can!" Klaus protested as Dusk sat in-between them, hoping that Diego would calm down once they caught up to the assassins. Hazel and Cha-Cha took a few twists and turns, hoping to get the Hargreeves off their track as they headed towards their meeting with Five.

"Let me do it!" Dusk sighed, trying to move towards the driver's seat. "No songbird, I've got it!" Klaus insisted. "No, you don't! I've got it!" She protested, trying to pry his fingers from the steering wheel. The two shouted over each other as Diego watched with wide eyes as Hazel and Cha-Cha's car drove off, and the truck came to a sudden stop. "Stop fighting! Look what you just did!" he shouted, getting their attention.

Klaus and Dusk looked away from each other and saw the car in the distance continue moving. "Fucking great!" Dusk sighed. Without hesitation, she pushed Klaus out of the driver's seat and right next to Diego before stomping on the pedals, and they sped off towards the assassins again, determined not to let them get far.

~~~~~~~

Five and Luther sat in the car, waiting for Hazel and Cha-Cha to arrive. The silence was almost deafening, and Five became unsettled by it. "You know, I never enjoyed killing. I mean, I was good at my work and I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure. I think it was all those years alone, solitude can do funny things to the mind." He admitted, looking over at Luther. 

"Well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you. You think they'll buy it?" Luther asked, looking down at the makeshift briefcase they had put together. Since Klaus had destroyed the original, they had to present it to them, even if it wasn't the original the assassins were on the hunt for. " Well, what I do know is that they're desperate. It's like a cop losing his gun. If the Commission finds out, they'll be in deep shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back," Five answered.

Luther suggested that he held onto it just in case they tried to make a move on Five. As much as a stubborn prick Luther was, he still cared about his siblings. "Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've lived a long life, but you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it," He warned. The sound of an oncoming car got their attention and came to a stop a few feet away from them. "That's them," Five said as they got out of the car.

Hazel and Cha-Cha stepped out of their vehicle and began walking towards the Hargreeves. "Where is it, kid?" Cha-Cha asked. "Wow, that's how you're going to start. You know, we can get right back in our car and call it a day," he scoffed. Cha-Cha pulled out her handgun, threatening him by saying they wouldn't even make it halfway back. Five then explained the situation involving the briefcase, not holding back his hidden smart mouth for even a second.

"Probably us too, right? So, how do we help each other?" Hazel asked. "I need you to get in contact with your superior. So I can have a chat with her face-to-face," Five answered. To which Cha-Cha replied, "About what?" "Well, I don't believe that's any of your concern," Five smirked. She rolled her eyes before telling him not to talk about the briefcase. Five agreed, and then walked back towards Luther and waited for the superior to arrive.

In the distance, they saw another vehicle coming, blasting loud music. As it got closer, they caught a glimpse of Dusk, Klaus, and Diego inside the Ice Cream Truck, progressively going faster. "FASTER!" Diego shouted to his sister. "I'm going as fast as I can, goddamn it!" the raven hissed, internally bracing herself. Bullets began flying through the air as the truck got closer to the assassins, eventually hitting them.

Hazel and Cha-Cha went flying through the air, landing on the ground as the truck continued moving, hitting the assassin's car and sending the three occupants flying into the console. Dusk looked up, feeling something drip down her face. Luther looked around, looking for Five. But, to his surprise, he was gone. Unbeknownst to the siblings, his former superior, The Handler, had briefly stopped time, and they talked for a while before they went back to The Commission, Five's former place of employment.

Luther threw the decoy briefcase to the side of the road, and the assassins ran after it. "Come on! Come on!" Klaus shouted to Diego as he helped the slightly injured Dusk move to Luther's car. Diego followed close behind, holding his injured arm. "What the hell are you guys doing here?" Luther said to them. "No time to explain!" Dusk answered as they got into the backseat. Without missing a beat, Luther quickly sped off as Klaus flipped his captors off.