~ Chapter Seven ~

Back in her bedroom, Dusk continued playing her keyboard as she worked on another song she had been struggling to finish for a few weeks. She thought coming up with an outro would be easy, but as the minutes flew by, she was nowhere near finished. "Arrgh!" She groaned, slamming her fingers on the piano, a few offkey notes playing upon impact. She slumped on her bench, placing her hands over her face as she tried desperately to concentrate. But the wheels in her head had stopped turning. 

I need something to drink. As she reached the final step on the staircase, Diego stepped into the mansion. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you since last night," Dusk asked. "In jail," he answered bluntly. "Again? Diego, I know you like being the hero and all, but come on man. You're thirty! Stop trying to act like a superhero. We're not kids anymore!" Dusk groaned.

"I'm sorry, Dusk. But unlike you, I don't like sitting near a piano singing kumbaya all day!" he bit back. She knew Diego was sensitive to people talking bad about him being a vigilante, but bringing her music into the dispute triggered her. "Keep talking and see what happens if you bring up my music again," She threatened, her eyes beginning to turn blood red. The two siblings stared at each other, wondering who was going to back down first. Diego squinted his eyes harder, hoping not to blink. But within the next few minutes, he had given up, retreating to another part of The Academy.

"Works every time," Dusk chuckled as her eyes turned back to blue. Wonder where Klaus went. It's been awfully quiet.

~~~~~~~

"Like I said to your son earlier, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I can't help you," Mr. Lance said, responding to Klaus's comments about the glass eye and the owner. "Well, we can't get consent if you don't give us a name," Five growled, becoming more irritated than before. Mr. Lance shrugged and looked at them. "Well, that's not my problem, sorry. Now, there's nothing more I can do, so-" 

"And what about my consent? Who gave you permission to lay your hands on my son?" Klaus interrupted, acting like he was about to cry. Five and Mr. Lance looked over at him with confusion on their faces. "What?" They spoke at the same time. "I didn't touch your son," Mr. Lance said calmly. "Oh really? Then how did he get that swollen lip?" Klaus stood up and walked over to Five, and punched him in the lip without warning, almost making him fly into one of the glass panels.

"I want it. Name, please. Now," Klaus said in a low tone, placing his hands on the desk. "Y-you're crazy," Mr. Lance stuttered, trying to keep his composure, but was beginning to feel threatened. Klaus smirked and looked down at the snow globe that rested a few inches away from him. He picked it up and looked at the replica of planet Earth inside. "That's so sweet!" He said, then smashing the snow globe on his head, instantly sending him into a world of blood and pain. "Oh god, that hurt!"

Mr. Lance reached over to his phone, but Klaus grabbed it and called security. "There's been an assault in Mr. Big's office, and we need security, now. Schnell!" he shouted into the phone before slamming it on the desk. "So, here's what's going to happen, Grant. In about 60 seconds, two security guards are going to burst through that door, and they're going to see a whole lot of blood, and they're going to wonder, "What the hell happened?" And we'll tell them that you beat the shit out of us," Klaus said, sobbing dramatically.

Mr. Lance's eyes went wide at the threat, and they only got wider as Klaus continued. "Jesus, you are a real sick bastard," He whispered, trying to brush away the thought of going to prison for a crime he didn't commit. "Thank you," Klaus said before spitting out a shard of glass. Mr. Lance led them to the record room and pulled out a folder as he searched for the matching serial number on the back of the glass eye. His eyes scanned the paper as the brothers waited anxiously. "That's strange," Mr. Lance muttered. "What?" Five questioned.

"The eye hasn't been purchased by a client yet," Klaus stood up from his seat and stood behind Mr. Lance as he showed him the paper. "Our logs say that the eye with that serial number... This can't be right. It hasn't even been manufactured yet. Where did you get that eye?" Mr. Lance looked up at Five, who stared down at the desk in disbelief. 

~~~~~~~

Outside of the building, Five only became angrier as Klaus rambled on about his performance. "Klaus, it doesn't matter," He snapped, anger and frustration becoming visible in his eyes. "Five, what's the big deal with this eye, anyway?" Klaus asked, only getting a vague idea after what happened in there. "There is someone out there who's going to lose an eye in the next seven days. They're going to bring about the end of life on this Earth as we know it," Five answered. Klaus looked at him confused, wondering if he was telling the truth or trying to be funny.

"Can I have my twenty bucks now? You said I could have it when the job was done," Klaus asked. Five turned around, becoming only angrier. "The apocalypse is coming, and all you can think about is getting high?!" "Well, I'm also quite hungry. My tummy's a-rumblin'," Klaus explained, imitating his stomach grumbling. Five stared at his brother in disbelief, he thought that he would at least care about the end of the world, but it only proved to him that Klaus only cared about himself.

"You're useless. You're all useless!" Five scoffed, sitting down on one of the concrete stairs, letting out a deep sigh. The junkie took a seat next to him, hoping to calm him down. "All those years by yourself. It's gotta screw with your head," Klaus sighed, one of his hands flying to the side of his bleeding head. "I wasn't alone, Klaus. Her name was Delores. We were together for over 30 years," He clarified, looking over at him.

Klaus' eyes went wide as saucers when Five mentioned this. "Thirty years?! Man, the longest I've been with someone was, I don't know, three weeks. And that's because I was so tired of looking for a place to sleep," Five rolled his eyes and spacial jumped into a nearby taxi, telling the driver of the vehicle to keep going. Klaus looked over to see his brother was gone. The car passed by the building, and Five waved out the window to his brother.

"HEY! WHAT ABOUT MY MONEY, FIVE?!" He shouted as the car continued down the road.