~ Chapter Fifty One ~

"Guys, I got a question. Who are we saving Vanya from again?" Klaus shouted over all the noise. "FBI!" Dusk, Allison, and Diego shouted back, trying not to roll their eyes at his lack of remembrance. "But if they're all sucking ceiling right now, why hasn't she stopped?" None of them knew the answer to that question. But Dusk did begin to wonder why Vanya hadn't stopped when all the FBI agents had been blinded, their brains and blood splattered on the walls.

The raven wasn't the only one thinking about that. Diego was wondering the same thing as well. Number Eight and Number Two looked at each other with that same astonished and questioning look. It seemed like there was no way to reach Vanya without becoming blind in the process. Dusk took a quick, split-second look down the hall towards the blinding light before sitting back on the ground, informing her siblings that their sister was on the other end of the hall.

"How do you propose we get to her?" Allison questioned, her hands covering the majority of her ears. "I haven't thought of that yet!" Dusk answered, the whooshing noises becoming increasingly louder and louder. Klaus pulled out his flask, taking what he considered to be his final drink. He believed there was no way to get to Vanya and that this could be the end. "You can count me out. You guys should save her. You're great at all the hero shit," he muttered.

"Klaus, are you serious?! You're going to give up now?!" Dusk sighed, smacking him in the arm. "Listen! Vanya would understand cause she has realistic expectations of what I am. And what I am IS SEXY TRASH!" Diego rolled his eyes, claiming that his brother was a scaredy-cat, which made Dusk smack the center of his chest. "Asshole," She muttered quietly.

"Guys! This is not the time for this!" Allison spoke up, quieting the feuding siblings. "Why? Because I don't want to die? Who does?" That was the moment when Diego Hargreeves snapped. Without warning, he grabbed Klaus's arms, nearly pinning him to the wall, growling that he was going to shut up and get their sister. "And that's my cue. Dusky, you stay here and deal with the Numbnuts, okay?" The raven was hesitant, fearing that Allison could die out there, but she nodded, telling her to be careful.

"Always am," Allison whispered before she started crawling down the hall, trying to fight against the kinetic force that attempted to push her back. She called out Vanya's name, hopeful that her other sister would hear her. But instead of making it to the door, Allison lost her balance and was pinned against the wooden counter. Diego, who kept a look out went next, leaving the raven and junkie alone.

Soon after, a second thud came from the other side of the counter, meaning that Diego had also failed. It was now either the raven or Klaus that could go next. She noticed the look of skepticism and fear on Klaus's face. It felt like the weight of everything was now on her shoulders. It was up to her to save Vanya. Just as she was about to risk her life, something made her stop in her tracks.

No, not something, but someone.

She realized that if this was the end for her, there was one thing she wanted to do more than anything. "Klaus," She said, looking at him as he swallowed the last sip from his flask. "What?" He asked, meeting her ocean-blue gaze. And without warning, she grabbed the center of his shirt, pulling him towards her, his pinkish lips colliding with hers. She didn't mind the taste of alcohol at all. The only thing she cared about was giving him her final kiss.

Klaus sat there stunned, feeling as if he had become paralyzed as they pulled apart. D-did Dusky just kiss me?! He kept his paralyzed composure even as Dusk made her way down the hall, the wind blowing harshly in her ears. She tried to grip the wall as tightly as she could. To her surprise, she got a little further than Diego and Allison, and she held high hopes that she could do this. But within seconds, a blast came from the end of the hall, nearly sending Dusk into the wooden counter.