~ Chapter Sixty Seven ~

Can't I just get one date where none of my siblings try to interfere and ruin the moment? I love them, but I swear to god! Dusk internally spoke, slamming the door of her hotel room rather harshly. If she had it her way, the moments of flirtation between her and her boyfriend would last a lifetime. He and Victoria were the only people in her life that could keep her sane. As she changed into more comfortable clothes and laid on the couch, she reflected on their moment.

Her cheeks turned pink as she recalled the twinkle in his eyes. If she stared into them long enough, she could've mistaken them for the night sky. Everything about him she loved, his giggle, the random jokes he would let rip, and of course, how sweet he was. Everyone in her life she met when she left the academy were never as sweet as him. Not even close. Dusk buried herself into the white blanket that felt like fur, and feeling her eyelids grow heavier and heavier.

Right as she was on the brink of dozing off, Viktor and Allison entered the room, seemingly discussing something about the Sparrows. "Because of this whole... grandfather whatever it's called, those Sparrows think we took their Number One. We'll never get the briefcase back," Allison grimaced. "What if we told them the truth? Marcus is gone, and maybe we're partially responsible," Viktor suggested.

Allison could only scoff. "Are you insane? Telling them the truth will only make them hate us even more," "Alli, listen. Marcus was ready to give back the briefcase. If the rest of his family are even half as open-minded, maybe we can come to some agreement and get it back," Number Three took a moment to think about the plan, and part of her was screaming that they had to at least try. Maybe things didn't have to get violent a second time.

"Alright, we'll try that. But I'm coming with you this time," Allison caved in. Viktor slightly smiled and nodded. "Dusk, do you want to..." he stopped short when he saw his other sister deep in sleep, muttering unintelligibly. "Oh, she's... well, I guess it's just the two of us then,"

~~~~~~~

The following morning, Klaus walked into the hotel lobby, wearing a gray latex wet suit, an orange coat made out of a similar material was also draped over him, along with goggles and a snorkel. "Chet, hold my calls," He called out to the man, who sat in his chair watching the latest news report. The junkie pushed his way through the hotel's revolving door, making his journey down the sidewalk as he headed back to the Academy.

All through the night, Diego's words implying their father was behind his birth mother's death clouded his mind. And as much as he tried to block out the possibility, it kept coming back to haunt him. Eventually, he realized if he wanted the thought to quit eating at him, he needed to get the truth, although their father could be a hard person to get a straight answer from. Within half an hour, he reached the back of the massive house.

He glanced around the property, his eyes eventually landed on a small metal grate with steam exiting it. Jackpot! He lifted it, revealing a space that was big enough for him to fit and swim through. Throwing off the orange jacket, Klaus pulled the googles and snorkel over his face, taking in a deep breath before diving down.

He nearly gagged when he saw how black and hard it was to see through the water, but he kept going as the need for the truth was becoming insatiable. Soon, he reached a ladder that led to the basement through a small circle. He slid right on through, his nose immediately scrunching at the awful smell. "Ah, thank god," He muttered, pulling off the smelly latex suit, revealing a more skin-tight outfit that barely covered his torso.