~ Chapter Twenty Two ~

Diego and the small group of siblings pulled up to the front of the police station, hoping to find the file of Herald Jenkins. There was no doubt in the vigilante's mind that the person who was supposedly going to cause the apocalypse had a criminal record of some sort. "We got to get our hands on that file," he said as he stared out the car window.

"And your plan is to what? Waltz in there and ask for it?" Dusk asked, rolling her eyes. "I know the station like the back of my hand, sis. I've spent a lot of time inside," "Yeah, in handcuffs," Allison scoffed. Diego rolled his eyes, lightly biting his tongue as he fought back their smart-aleck attitudes. "Whatever. Here's the plan-" "Plan? I'm just going to blink in and get the file," Five interrupted.

"No, you don't know the ins and outs of this place, okay?" Diego protested. "I literally just did this yesterday. My yesterday, not your yesterday," Five muttered. "You are not going in there. I made a call. That's what a leader does. He leads," Diego said before getting out of the car. "He's going to get himself arrested again. I have a hunch," the raven scoffed, leaning back in her seat. "He is an idiot. He should've let me get the file. I'd be in and out in two seconds," Five bit back a sigh, letting out a quiet groan as he looked down at his side.

"Wait here. I need to make a call," Allison said. She got out of the car, leaving Dusk and Five alone. "We should go after her. I'm not saying that I don't trust her, but we should see what she's doing," he said, turning around to face his sister. "You have real trust issues, don't you?" Dusk asked, knowing that Allison could handle herself. Five rolled his eyes and also got out of the car, heading in Allison's direction. "Screw it," Dusk muttered, meeting up with her siblings at a nearby payphone.

The moment Allison hung up, Diego came out, holding a file in his hand. "You're welcome," He said as Allison snatched the file, flipping through the papers. As she looked at another paper, her eyes grew as wide as saucers. With curiosity, Dusk looked over her shoulder, making her eyes grow wide as well. "Holy shit," The sisters gaped. "What?" Diego asked. Allison held up the file for the two men to see, telling them Harold Jenkins was Leonard Peabody.

"Uh, who is Leonard Peabody?" Dusk asked, her eyebrows raised in confusion. "It's Vanya's boyfriend. I met him a few days ago. He seems like a horrible influence," Allison explained. "So, Vanya's dating a murderer? We have to find her before he does something terrible!"

~~~~~~~

"Luther, you need to tie me up so I can-" Before Klaus could finish his sentence, he saw his brother standing at the bar, gulping down liquor from one of the crystal decanters. The junkie never thought he'd see his brother like that. Especially since he seemed to want to keep his fragile masculinity in check. Luther turned around, revealing his slightly bloodshot eyes, making Klaus let out a small chuckle. To him, seeing his brother like that was hilarious.

"Holy shit, you're drunk. And you busted into Dad's liquor cabinet. He's going to be so pissed," Klaus continued to chuckle. "Get Dad. Do it, now," Luther slurred. "I told you already, all right? I can't!" That answer did not satisfy the drunken giant. He stormed over to Klaus, grabbed him by the neck. and pushed him against one of the marble pillars. Klaus struggled to breathe for air as his legs began to shake uncontrollably the longer Luther held his grip. Eventually, he let go and Klaus fell to the ground in a coughing heap.

"Of course I tried! All right? God knows I've tried, but he is as he was in life. He's a stubborn prick!" Klaus reasoned as Luther sat down at the wooden bench. "He needs to answer to me for what he did. I sacrificed everything for him, my entire life. I never left this house, I never had friends. And for what? For nothing!" Luther ranted. Klaus's eyes widened with surprise, and he kept telling Luther to relax and that he could try again as long as he was clean enough to conjure him.

"It's okay. Just go," Number One muttered before taking another sip. "Why don't we find the others? I'm sure Allison could help!" Klaus suggested, hoping his brother would give in. "I don't want her. I don't want them to see me like this.  Besides, I'd hold them back. What they're doing is too important," "What are you talking about? You're our Number One, remember? "O, Captain! My Captain!" Remember?"

As Klaus took a seat next to him, Luther burst into tears and leaned his head on Klaus. At that moment, he had no idea that his brother was broken underneath that strong exterior. "You know, Diego was right. Dad sent me up to the Moon because he couldn't stand the sight of me like this. Of what he did to me, of what I've become," he muffled. "No, no, no. That's not true. Damn it. Dad was such an asshole right to the end. You know, if there's anything else that I can do-"

"I wanna be like you,"

Klaus's jaw dropped, and he tried desperately to talk Luther out of it, but he kept insisting that he wanted to be Number Four instead of Number One. To be free from the pressures and for once and have that escape from his demons. "What you need is just lay down, sleep it off. You'll feel better in the morning," "Fine then, I'll go by myself," Luther huffed, getting up from the bench and walking away, despite Klaus's protests. As Klaus tried to run towards him, Luther pushed him away, sending him flying across the room as he skidded on the floor.

"Oh shit!" He sighed before getting up and going after him as the front door slammed shut behind him.