~ Chapter Thirty ~

Meanwhile, the Hargreeves siblings met at The Super Star Bowling Alley, trying to come up with a plan to stop Vanya and save Dusk before the world ended. "Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepare," Luther said, breaking the ominous silence. "For what?" Diego asked. "To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya," Allison smacked Luther with her notepad, telling him they couldn't do harm to their sister. "We may not have a choice, Allison," 

"Bullshit. There are always options," Diego muttered under his breath. "Look, whatever we decide, we have to find Vanya and Dusk. And fast, okay? They could be anywhere," As the siblings bickered over what to do, Klaus flipped through the newspaper, stumbling across a picture of Vanya, holding her violin, announcing a concert at The Icarus Theatre. "Or here," Klaus spoke up. The siblings instantly gathered around him, reading the ad.

"I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not going to bowl, you gotta leave," One of the alley workers said to the family. Without warning, Luther grabbed a nearby bowling ball and threw it towards one of the lanes, unknowingly knocking all the pins down. Allison scribbled on the notepad, She's our sister. "We're the only ones capable of stopping this. We have a responsibility to Dad. He sacrificed everything to bring us back together,"

Klaus looked over at Ben, who wondered when he was going to tell his siblings about what happened back at the Academy when Ben saved Diego's life. "You know guys, maybe I could help," Klaus inserted himself into the conversation. Five rolled his eyes as the junkie interrupted him, and Luther warned him that now was not the time. "No, let him finish. He saved my life today," Diego cut in. The siblings looked at Diego, confused as to how the junkie saved their vigilante of a brother.

"I did take credit for it. But the real hero was Ben," Klaus admitted, making everyone even more confused. "Listen. Today, he punched me in the face. And earlier at the house, he was the one who saved Diego's life, not me," "You are unbelievable, Klaus," Luther bit back a sigh. Number Four tried to prove to his siblings that what he was saying was true by throwing a bowling ball towards his brother's ghost. But unfortunately for him, Ben was unable to catch it, thus proving Luther's point.

"Is there any way to silence that voice in your head that screams out to be the center of attention?" Luther growled. "You know, I liked you a lot better before you got laid!" Klaus blurted out. The ape-man's eyes grew wide, and he looked over at Allison, who was equally stunned. In a desperate attempt to recover things, Klaus tried to explain that it was an accident. But Alli didn't buy it and stormed off as Luther called out to her.

What have I done? Klaus internally groaned as he sat next to Diego and Five. A woman and her son approached them, asking if Five wanted to play with kids his age as long it was okay with his two dads. To which Five responded, "I would rather chew off my own foot," before he stood up and walked away. "If I was going to date a man, you'd be the last man I would date," Diego whispered to Klaus. "You'd be lucky to get me," He chuckled as he slumped back in his seat, wondering where Dusk was and if she was okay.

~~~~~~~~

After killing her ex, Dusk changed into a short bright orange dress, almost the exact color as the piercing flames. The top was decorated with orange and yellow sequins and a ruffled skirt. When she was finally ready, she placed Sebastian's charred skeleton into an empty chest and walked out, turning the lights off behind her. As promised, she met Vanya at her apartment just as she walked out the door. "Close call, don't you think?" she sighed.