~ Chapter Fifty Two ~

The next morning, the sun's bright orange and yellow rays shone their light on Dallas, and in Elliott's former bedroom, Dusk and Klaus slept so peacefully. His rough hands wrapped around his girlfriend's waist while the raven rested her soft and delicate hands on his chest, just like when they snuggled together back at the Academy as children. Slowly, Dusk's eyes began to flutter open, instantly greeted with the bright green eyes of her lover. 

"Hey, handsome," She mumbled softly and brought a hand to his cheek. "Morning, songbird," he sleepily responded before kissing her, not caring about the morning breath. Neither of them knew that the previous terrible day would bring the best night of their lives. Dusk hadn't lost Klaus at all and instead gained his confession and an endless night of nostalgic cuddles. Klaus snuggled his head deeper into his girlfriend's shoulder, his brown curls brushing against the nape of her neck.

"I love you so much. I don't ever want to let you go," He mumbled, still maintaining eye contact with her. "I love you too," She responded. She glanced over at the nightstand, over to the alarm clock that displayed the time, 6:05 am. Suddenly, Klaus softly turned her head, so they were eye to eye again. The look in his eyes was so playful yet flirty, making her giggle at the sight. "Let's stay here for a little bit. I need more cuddles," he said, a hint of pleading at the end. 

"You know I can't say no to you," Dusk agreed, hoping to enjoy more of this moment. No hectic situations, no feuding, just them and their blissful moment. Though, it was not to last very long.

~~~~~~~~

"Authorities are asking for help identifying several persons of interest at Dealey Plaza at the time of the assassination. The FBI believes they may have been acting in concert with the alleged shooter, Lee Harvey Oswald," The reporter on the television screen stated as the Hargreeves siblings gathered around it. Dusk shuddered as they showed the photo of Kennedy's killer. She could never quite understand how someone could pull off a stunt like this and try to get away with it. It made her feel sick to see that cold-blooded man's face.

"Vanya Hargreeves, wanted in connection with the deaths of several FBI agents inside the federal building at Dealey Plaza. A Cuban exile, known only as Diego-" "Cuban? Seriously?" Diego scoffed as his picture was shown on the screen, describing how he escaped a mental institution. Leave it to Diego to get stuck in one of the worse places imaginable. The raven internally rolled her eyes.

"Dusk Hargreeves wanted in connection with a brawl at Jonathan's Bar that left a man dead and another man injured two days ago. And finally, her accomplice Klaus, the controversial cult leader and known tax evader," Dusk's body suddenly became paralyzed with shock and fear. Never had she ever imagined she would be on The FBI's Most Wanted List. There was no way she could explain herself to Mary, as she feared that the widow would turn her in immediately upon her return to the house.

Shortly after the report, the siblings began to talk over one another, protesting about the situation they now found themselves in. Klaus rubbed Dusk's back soothingly, hoping it would help her nerves as she appeared to be on the edge of another severe panic attack. "The FBI is after us, the Dallas police, the Secret Service. It's only a matter of time before they hunt us down!" Allison said, staring down at her hands in shock.

"Where are we supposed to go? There's no way we can stay here?" Vanya questioned. "I have this yurt just outside Reykjavik. The folks are a little weird but lovely. Maybe we could stay there," Klaus suggested. "Guys, hiding's not going to make a difference here. The Commission will hunt us down wherever and whenever we go," Five spoke up. Diego then spoke up, agreeing with Five on the Commission.