~ Chapter Eighty Two ~

"Dusk? Hello?" Five waved a hand near her face, trying to snap her out of it. The moment he told her who her twin was, she went completely still. No blinking, no slight sway, not a single movement. It was almost as if she turned into a statue. Her blue gaze was locked onto Five's and the look of the widened whiteness of her eyes and pinprick-sized pupils freaked him out a little. But he held firm and continued to try and "awaken" her. 

It wasn't until he grabbed her hand that she came back to reality, still in shock but able to move. "Are you okay?" He asked. Dusk slowly nodded her head before looking away, still trying to take his answer in. Oh my god... I'm a twin, and I'm related to Five? No, how am I supposed to believe this? "I know it's a lot to take in. I had a hard time believing it at first too," Five sighed. "I just don't understand. If we're twins, then why were we never close growing up?" Dusk questioned.

"Partly because of Dad," Five answered, explaining their constant separation during training. "The only time I remember us having the bond was when we were born," The raven's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to remember that day. "Okay, maybe we never had a twin connection, but twins usually have a similar trait. We may look alike and have different powers, but do you think there's something else we could both have?"

Five pursed his lips in thought, trying to recount every tiny detail that could be similar. He knew she would have a hard time believing this truth, but he didn't think it'd be this hard to convince her. Did she like math and science? No, she hated it. Did she wonder what the future would be like? Maybe... Then, a lightbulb hit him. Although it was not one of his proudest traits, he did see similar homicidal tendencies in her that he once felt in him.

He would never admit it, but there had been times when Five wanted to rip out his dad's throat whenever he wouldn't let him or his siblings live like normal kids and when he damaged them emotionally and verbally. And as he has seen earlier, Dusk wanted to kill Allison for hurting one of the closest people in her life.

"We've both experienced some form of homicidal rage," the time traveler stated, careful not to anger his sister. Dusk looked up, slightly taken aback by that statement. But she couldn't deny her body and injury count. "I guess so... But I don't enjoy killing people. Once my demon takes ahold of me, I can't control it," She admitted. "You don't take pleasure in it, do you?"

"I've never liked killing, sis. But if someone has to die in order to save the world or get us back home, then it has to be that way. Why else do you think I slaughtered a board room of people to get us here?" Oh shit, that was what he was talking to The Handler about back on Sissy's farm. The more time they spent conversing with one another, the more Dusk felt some connection, but there was still a part of her that was hesitant about him really being her brother.

When Five asked her if she believed him after all the evidence he had presented, Dusk closed her eyes once more, reaching deep into her mind to remember the day of her birth. But strangely, she recalled no image of the day, only sounds. Painful screams, her own cries, and pants of relief. But soon, more noises caught her attention. There was another cry that didn't sound like her or her mother. Rather another baby.

Then came the feeling of someone grabbing her. Her eyes shot open for a second to see no one holding her hand, but when she closed her eyes, the warm feeling stretched over it again. It slowly dawned on her, the actions Five had described from that day had proven to be correct. Dusk clasped a hand over her mouth, her eyes getting misty. But this time, the tears weren't sad but rather happy.