Chapter 10

"Well... That's a shame. I wanted to ask him if he'd want to go home today," said Tonomachi.

"Eh? Do you think he'll be that long?" asked Kenji.

"When a teacher drags you off, I doubt they'll let you go so soon. And besides, he took his things, see? I bet he's already subconsciously expecting it to take a while."

I ought to start preparing for the ADC meeting... Hopefully he'll understand.

"Anyhow, I'm off. My parents need my help at home."

"Huh, you don't mention them a lot, Tonomachi."

"Heh. That's not to say my girlfriend doesn't require my help as well, but I won't bore you with the details."

"All right, I'll accompany you to the gate at least since I have to go home too."

"Then let us be off! Tomorrow is another long arduous day of school; we should use our time to the best of our ability," proclaimed Tonomachi.

"Poetic, coming from you."

"Don't underestimate the philosophical side of me, Kenji, hah-hah!"

They walked out the classroom with their belongings, the destination of both being home. However, Kenji would later have to attend the ADC meeting. Well—He didn't have to, but he fully intended on going there. Inaction was eating him inside out, especially his encounter with the nameless girl who he still knew nothing of.

Simultaneously Reine led Shido to the Physics Preparation Room, a darkened room with only light from its many monitors and screens akin to a control panel. In front of it sat Kotori, this time in her usual school outfit.

"I brought Shin as you ordered, Commander," said Reine.

"Good, we won't waste time today," she responded with her signature pink lollipop in her hand.

"Hold on, what's going on here? Kotori? And Analysis Officer Murasame Reine, why are you suddenly a teacher here?" Shido asked.

"Just call me Reine, Shin."

"That's not my name! Are you even trying to get it right?! My name's Shido!"

"I see. My bad, Shin."

"Urgh..."

"But that's not what we're here for. Regarding your pointless question..."

"With the Commander's permission, I became a faculty employee here so I can be nearby in-case anything happens. And from here, we can monitor the school and stats about Spacequakes and Spirits."

"But you could have figured that out if you just used your brain, you lowly stink bug!" said Kotori promptly, pointing her lollipop at Shido.

"And what are you doing here, young lady? What happened to going to school?" he asked in an annoyed manner, lowering himself to her eye level.

"I've made arrangements," she simply responded.

Shido sighed and looked defeated.

"Fine... Then what are you planning to make me do?"

Kotori's expression changed to a grin upon hearing his words.

"You'll see once you've used this training software. Reine."

She nodded, as she started something up on the computer. Kotori clicked a button on the computer box, as Reine got up to free the space and vision for Shido. Kotori came closer with her seat, as Reine stood behind them. Shido came over and they all waited patiently until the loading wheel and black screen changed.