Chapter 7

With a tick of the clock, the air imploded and turned into a raging scorching sphere which materialised over solid ground, quickly devouring everything it met. Everyone was already evacuated, but the shockwave was felt by even the AST squad in the train. Dust covered everything, appearing like a darker fog after the sphere dissipated.

"Situation?" asked Kusakabe, as everyone had to hang on to not fall.

"Spacequake dissipated! Strong spiritual force readings from the epicentre, analysing source!"

"Gotta be the Princess. Prepare for Rapid Deployment once analysis confirms signature!"

"Roger!" said all the girls, as they connected to their stations, except the one analysing.

Meanwhile, at the centre of the crater, when the dust finally began settling, stood a familiar girl. The one who fought Origami, but she was missing something. Her blue crystal alongside her necklace. Once again, the throne stood next to her. Once again, her look was focused on her surroundings.

"Captain, analysis complete! The biosignature matches the Princess 100%, satellite feed received!" said the girl.

"ETA thirty seconds. Prepare for Rapid Deployment!" commanded Kusakabe.

"Roger!" said everyone, as even she connected to her station.

The train came to a halt promptly at the nearest hidden exit which led to the surface.

"Ten seconds..."

The nameless girl took a step forward.

"Five..."

She looked at the sun on the sky, still shining brightly, but now truly gaining the afternoon glow. The sunset would occur soon enough.

"One... Initiate Rapid Deployment!" shouted Kusakabe.

They were launched out of the train and flew upwards to the surface. A group of eight girls, each carrying an arsenal of weaponry and equipment, including Captain Kusakabe who led the charge.

They broke through the ground and flew towards the nameless girl. She saw them in the distance and already knew what would follow. Not for a moment did she drop her guard.

"Sandalphon!" she called out, as she jumped on the throne.

She began pulling out a sword, as Kusakabe called out to her squad.

"Fire!" she shouted, as the missile launchers on each of the girl's backs and on Kusakabe's back opened and fired several missiles which locked onto the nameless girl. The squad then changed direction and flew upwards, as the nameless girl was enveloped in explosion and smoke.

However, she was not finished. On the contrary, she emerged unharmed, as her shield protected her, along with a familiar sword in her grasp once again. She looked up at them, as Kusakabe focused her gaze.

"Again! Fire again!"

More missiles were launched towards the nameless girl, who leaped into the air and once again danced amongst the missiles, slashing them one by one. The chain explosion almost reached the squad, as their formation shook.

"W-What the-?!" uttered some of the girls in surprise.

The nameless girl then slashed two times, creating an imbued cross again, glowing purple with her power. One of the squad members was hit, and their shield destroyed, throwing back out of the action. Another caught her before she hit the ground.

"Railgun focus! Boomerang missiles follow!" said Kusakabe.

Three of the girls grasped their heavy gun and fired, as three beams descended on the nameless girl.