Chapter Forty One~

A whole week was already over, we were leaving for Nigeria tonight. I had packed my bag with beach outfits, sweaters, dresses, crop tops, skirts and other stuffs I'll need for my stay for a whole month. I had put all my belongings into my two boxes, one filled with my clothes and shoes and the other filled with snacks like chocolate, biscuits, marshmallows and sweets.

I had told Vanessa I was going to Nigeria and she was sad because we had already lined up our events for the holiday, but told me I'ld have a great stay there, but on the bright side Alex was also leaving for Nigeria with his family tomorrow. He had told me few days before the carol that his dad had planned out their Christmas holiday in Nigeria for them. I called my friend and told them everything and they all seemed sad about it but after promising to take lots of selfies they relaxed a little.

"Zee, are you ready? Our Uber is five minutes away, bring your boxes downstairs!!".

My immediate older brother Melvin shouted from downstairs. "Okay, I'm on my way".

I looked around and wore my sweater and picked up my phone from the bed. I had packed all my stuffs and documented them incase I forget anything. I took my boxes downstairs and saw everyone waiting patiently. I hugged my aunty goodbye and my cousin also.

"The Uber is here guys, let's get going our flight is in an hour time".

I waved goodbye to my aunty again and put my luggages into the car. I entered and looked at the house again, I was surely going to miss it. It's been twelves years since I have been to Nigeria and for me, now was the worst time to go, because I was avoiding that old lady. Her voice came into my head again, You're so close now, close to your fathers land.

I shut the voice out of my head and plugged in my AirPods and listened to music. I closed my eyes and relaxed. After about thirty minutes of driving we were at the airport. We brought down our boxes an walked into the terminal. I adjusted my sweater. It was freezing outside and I really needed a warm mug of cocoa, we walked to the counter. My sister spoke to the man behind the glass.

"Hello, Tickets please"

The man said from behind the glass. She brought out our tickets and passports. He scanned through it and I walked to another side and rested on a pillar, I was freaking out, but I didn't want my siblings to suspect anything.

"Are you okay?" A young boy of about eleven years old asked me, "I'm just tired and nervous, where are your parents?"

He pointed to a bench behind me and I turned to see them. "Why're you nervous?"

I smiled and looked at him, he was so cute and adorable, "Well, I'm visiting my country, I haven't been there in twelve years, and I'm avoiding something there".

He nodded like he understood what I meant exactly, "Okay, you'll be fine, I thought maybe you were traveling to see your fiancé's parents or something".

I chuckled at his thought, "I don't even have a boyfriend, not to speak of a fiancé".

He held my hands and it felt so warm, "You're very pretty, any young man would be lucky to have you".

I smiled and squeezed his hand gently, "Awww, thank you, no one has ever complemented me that way before". He bowed and kissed my hands, Okayyy, this was getting too cute".

"You're welcome" He chirped and let go of my hands.

"My name is Michelle". He shook my hand, "My name is Scott, nice to meet you Mademoiselle Michelle".

No wonder, I was wondering where the accent came from, he was French. "You're French?"

He nodded and grinned. "Yes, I'm French, I'm going back to France to celebrate the holidays with my grandparents". He was so cute and had deep blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean at night.

"That's good, it'll be lots of fun right?" He shook his head and frowned.

"No, it's not fun with my Nona, she always makes me to eat vegetables, and that's is not fun at all".

I chuckled and closed my mouth with the back of my hand, "I know sometimes they make us eat vegetables but it's good for our health, so we have to eat it to be healthy".

He scrunched up his nose and pouted, "You sound just like my Nona".

I chuckled and I looked up at where my brothers were having our boxes weighed. "I don't think she's wrong though, anyways it was nice talking to you, my flight is in about ten minutes".

He shrugged and looked at my brothers, "It was nice talking to you too, Au revoir!"

He waved and began walking towards his parents. "A bientot". He turned back and smiled and continued walking.

"Michelle, we are ready to go, our luggage has been checked in".

My oldest brother, Caleb informed me. At this point my hands were sticky and I was super nervous. We boarded the plane and I sat down beside a dark skinned man who smelt like cigarettes. He smiled at me as I sat down on my seat.

"So you're going to Nigeria?" I nodded and tried not to be sarcastic in my response, he sounded like a Nigerian.

He nodded slowly and brought out a bag of chips, he put it in my face, "Want some?"

I shook my head and declined respectfully. He ate his chips and after a few minutes of silence, he turned to me, "You're a very pretty girl, what's your name?"

Okay, this was becoming weird and too close for comfort, "My name is Victoria" I lied.

"Oh, so you're an American sef, I thought you were Nigerian".

I smiled and prayed silently in my mind that he'll just shut up and not ask anymore questions, but it seems all my efforts were in vain. "Why are you going to Nigeria by the way?". 

I was about to answer when the voice of the air hostess said through a microphone, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, please ensure that all mobile devices are switched off as we will be flying soon".

I wore my AirPods and relaxed, even though I was anxious about everything and the whole flight in general. Home sweet home. I guess.

This is the last chapter but there's gonna be a sequel and that's where we find out how her mission would be whether or not she's going to accomplish it or not. Anyways it was fun writing this story, y'all are the best.

See you in the next.....book hahaha