Chapter Fifteen~

I was in class, everyone was out except a few students. Everyone was busy, either getting ready for an audition or helping in organizing the stage, or making out in the janitors office. I was in class, singing the song I had been rehearsing for the past few hours, I would sing, stop, go over it again and sing all over. I checked my phone from time to time, it was ten minutes to the audition.

I left the class and headed to the bathroom, I washed my hands and looked at myself in the mirror.

"Michelle, you can do this"

A voice sneered from behind me, "The only thing you can do is absolutely nothing, except being a slut".

I knew who it was instantly, that high pitched voice belonged to no one else except Sylvia. I hissed and as I was walking out.

"Michelle, just stop trying, I heard you have been practicing for the lead role, but I can assure you, you won't get it"

I faced her and scoffed, "If your friend wasn't so scared, I don't think she'll be bothering about me competing for the lead role"

I snapped and left. I walked to the auditorium and then someone whispered in my ears,

"Have you made up your mind?" I smiled and turned to see Alex, with his hair styled to perfection into a pig ponytail.

"You really look cute when you style your hair like this!"

He shrugged and sighed, "My sister did this to me, it's all part of the useless bet, anyways have you made up your mind?"

I sighed and then he lifted my face and those eyes, piercing into mine, sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey, stop being a baby and make up your mind Chelle" I hit him softly and whined,

"Why are you calling me Chelle? It's only Diane that calls me that!" I pouted my lips.

"Again with the baby thing, I think you should do the Mary did you know duet, it would suit you more, I don't know, I just feel it would but, it's your choice"

I nodded. As everyone was going on stage to present, I noticed that the music director wasn't happy at all, he would shout.

"We have less than two weeks and we got nothing yet".

I began to lose my confidence, people would sing and he would just scream.

"Next!". The cycle was going on and on until Chloe sang and then he smiled and applauded along side with everyone.

After some other auditions, Bella sang next and the man clapped.

"Bella, the same beautiful voice as always"

I laughed at the directors comment and he looked back and saw me.

"Hey, you over there come here" I felt my stomach tighten as I walked up to him.

"Michelle, our dear presenter, what are you doing here? Laughing?" I smiled deviously.

"Oh Mr Raymond, I'm here to audition actually, how have you been?"

He sighed, "Audition, really? Get on stage let's see what you've got"

I saw Bella sneer and scoff and whisper something to Sylvia, I got on stage and I asked the man if I could use the piano and then he shook his head and I asked.

"Why ?"

He looked at me with so much seriousness.

"You better start singing or go back to presenting".

I sighed and as I opened my mouth to sing, Alex offered to play for me. I could see anger written all over Bella's face but I smiled internally as the piano was brought from the backstage.

Alex sat and then played the piano, and then I began to sing,
Oh holy night,
The stars are..........

Realization hit me when I realized he was playing the chorus for Mary Did You Know, I looked at him and saw that he gave me an assuring eyes and then I closed my eyes and sighed and said to myself.

"I can do this" and began to sing.

Mary did you know that your baby boy
Would one day walk on water?
Mary did you know that your baby boy
Would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know that your baby boy
Has come to make you new?
This child that you delivered, will soon deliver you.

I kept singing and then Alex joined me to sing, his angelic voice filled the whole auditorium.

Mary did you know that your baby boy
Will give sight to a blind man?
May did you know that your baby boy
Will calm the storm with his hands?
Did you know that your baby boy
Has walked where angels trod?
When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God.

And we sang together.

Mary did you know?
Mary did you know?
Mary did you know?Did you know?
Mary did you know?Mary did you know?

After we sang, I looked at him in the eye and I could see the tension it held and he smiled and held my hands, everyone applauded and the director stood up smiling and clapping excitedly.

"This is the most beautiful duet I have ever heard in ages, the mix of the alto from you and the tenor from this young man, it's captivating"

I smiled and looked at Alex who was beaming with smiles and then the man asked us.

"Would the both of you mind doing the duet? I know you two would be perfect for it, I love your chemistry"

We both looked at each other and I could see his eyes, begging me to say yes, I nodded

"Yes, we will" and he hugged me and smiled. We left the auditorium and then we talked and he said to me while holding my hands.

"I know you really wanted to do the Holy Night and I'm sorry for making you do otherwise, I'm really sorry"

I smiled, "Alex, you did the wrong thing but thank goodness, because when I heard Bella, Chloe and some other people sing, I knew I wouldn't have a chance, but since we're doing the duet together, that's fine"

He nodded and we walked back to my class, it was empty and then I sat down and he sat on the table and we spoke and then he asked me

"Michelle, I know I don't really know you that much, but I really want to know why Bella is always picking on you, I know I might be intruding, but I just really want to know"

I sighed and faced him, he let his hair down and he looked younger and beautiful than ever.

K"Alex, honestly speaking, I have no idea, because she's mean to everyone, and besides, since she found out that we were neighbors, she's been picking on me, but I really don't care, it doesn't hurt me when she says anything mean to me because she's just jealous"

He nodded his head, "So basically she's doing all these just because we are neighbors, that's fucked up".

I shrugged, "Alex, she's just a slut trying to get every guys attention, and she's been seeking yours and I don't think you are noticing her, that's why she feels I'm the one stealing your attention, but she'll realize sooner or later that no one gives a shit about her" I smiled and Alex chuckled deeply.

Hey guys, so Alex and Michelle are doing the duet, isn't that amazing, so I'll see y'all in the next chapter, don't forget to vote and comment:) thanks....