Chapter Eleven~

"Good morning Michelle"

He smiled and rubbed the back of his neck with his hands. I walked towards him with Caesar pulling me, he was a very strong dog.

"Morning Alex, so are we walking to the park or?" He hesitated.

"Michelle I'm new here so I don't really know places around here, so you tell me, where are we going?" He asked closing the space left between us.

I stepped back a little and pulled a twist of my hair behind my ear, "Then we'll head to the park then, it's always quiet on Sundays morning"

He looked at me and nodded and looked down at Caesar, "What a cute dog you have, what's his name?"

"Caesar" I replied and asked him the name of his dog, "Her name is Makeda".

We walked down the road and once in a while Caesar would bark at Makeda and she would bark too, they were both so adorable, Makeda was a Rottweiler, she was a black and brown dog, almost Caesar's height with cute fluffy eyes. We talked on the road and Alex asked.

"So what do you do for fun apart from being popular?"

I looked at him and punched him a little on his arm and replied, "Being popular isn't fun, you get a lot of attention, both needed and unnecessary, anything you do must be right, everyone looks up to you, expecting you to know the latest trends in school, and shits like that, and guys be trying to get close to you and stuff and like it's annoying".

I opened my phone and showed him my messages.

Just this morning I had up to 159 new notifications, new followers on instagram, friend requests on Snapchat, and the funny thing was that I new barely ten of them. He looked at my phone and looked shocked,

" When do you have time to reply all these messages? Because I doubt I would reply half of these in ten years to come". I looked at him and sighed

"Whenever I'm free I reply them, just the important ones though, some are just guys trying their luck so I don't bother replying".

He chuckled, "Trying their luck huh?" I shot a glance at him,

"What do you mean, by trying their luck?" I said in a deep voice trying to mimic him.

He replied me after what seemed like an eternity, " I don't know I'm just saying , like you're really pretty and you have a nice body, I mean damn, you're so fucking hot, I know it's because you're Nigerian but still there's something......."

He said running his hands through his hair. I instantly knew he was the shy type that spoke only when they get comfortable with you.

I blushed and covered my mouth, "Thank you, but I've been meaning to ask for sometime now, hope you don't mind me asking?"

He shrugged, "Go ahead no problem"

"I heard that most guys in Nigeria have tiny coils but your hair is wavy and you don't really look Nigerian like that, I mean look at my hair it's so full and so curly and black and it's a struggle just to comb it but yours isn't like that".

He pulled Makeda back and adjusted his grip "Michelle, actually my mom is Italian and my hair is like hers that's why it's not Nigerian like, but I look at bit Nigerian don't I ?"

I shrugged, "I really don't know I haven't seen much Nigerians since I was four except my brothers, sister, mum, aunts and cousins, they all look like what I may call Nigerian, but my dad was mixed, his dad was a Nigerian, from the Ibo tribe, while his mum was from Liberia"

He looked at me surprisingly and nodded his head and I continued.

"They said I look like his mother that she was ebony but I'm a darker shade of her, they said I was the only one in the family that doesn't look Nigerianish because my dad isn't fully Nigerian, that's why I look different from them, their words not mine"

I stated and he laughed, we had just reached the park and he unleashed the two dogs and we were left all alone.

The silence was becoming annoyingly silent, so I asked him, "What state are you from by the way?"

"My dad said we are from Delta state in the southern region of Nigeria, which I'm guessing may be close to your side".

" I really don't know much about Nigeria but I know we have different cultures and stuffs, so you may be right probably" .

And he said looking at me as we sat in the grass, and watched the two dogs. 

"And I'm also not fully Nigerian, that's why I look different from my siblings, my siblings look Nigerianish, but I don't look like them, don't worry we are unique".

He chuckled and pushed my hair to the back of my ear, the slight brush of his hands against my skin sent sparks through my body. I nodded and smiled, it felt right to be with him, to be close to him, to talk to him.

"Alex, I'm really sorry for just telling you I like you straight to your face, I mean I like you but I just don't want to rush things with you, I want to get to know you as a friend and if anything more serious comes up fine, but for now, let's know each other as friends".

He looked at me in the eyes and those eyes, those beautiful brown eyes piercing into mine.

"Michelle, I understand what you mean, and I also want to get to know you as a friend too, I mean you are fun to talk to and be with, you've made me laugh so many times just within an hour, I really appreciate that, thank you". He smiled childishly.

I looked at the dogs and looked back at him.

"You are welcome, Mr Alexandra the great" I said with a mocking bow and we both laughed. After sometime, we headed back home, I waved goodbye to him, while Caesar barked at Makeda, I entered my house feeling so happy and walked to the kitchen.

"Gosh, I'm starving, come on boy, let's go eat", I yawned and Caesar barked at me.

So guys, Michelle and Alex want to know each other and all, do you think anything "serious" would happen between the two, comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote and recommend to your friends. I love y'all see ya in the next chapter:)