Chapter Twenty Eight~

"So I'm guessing this is part of the bet" I said, referring to his buns, and he nodded smiling.

"Well, you can see the kind of sister I have". I laughed and pulled Caesar.

"Hope you don't mind me bringing Caesar along, he's getting bored in the house, so I thought maybe he could play with Makeda?"

He shrugged, "Well, you're right, they didn't really get along the first time they met by the way".

I chuckled and remembered the first time we took them on a walk to the park and Makeda barked at Caesar all the way to the park and even when they got to the park, they played with different dogs and ignored each other totally. We walked to the backyard and I saw Makeda with a lady I presumed was their mum.

"Good evening ma'am"

She looked up, "Oh, hey darling you must be Michelle, nice to meet you"

She has a sweet angelic voice, I could see where Alex got it from and she has a long black curly hair, just like Alex, but longer. I smiled and Caesar barked from beside me, probably from seeing Makeda and I unleashed him.

"Nice to meet you too ma'am". She smiled and Caesar ran to her and she rubbed under his chin, which was his favorite spot and he barked. Makeda left there to stand beside Alex. I left them to play in the backyard and went back inside the house with Alex.

I sat down on the couch.

"So, what's up?" He shrugged and stood up, "Nothing much, what would you like to drink?"

I looked up from my phone, "Pineapple juice would be fine".

He walked back to the kitchen and came back with a cool glass of pineapple juice.

"Thank you" I sipped the chilled  juice. It was so sweet and tasted so natural.

"Alex this juice is good where did you get it from?"

He smiled and sat down on the couch beside me, "My mum actually extracted the juice, our cousins that are visiting for the holidays brought it from Nigeria".

The juice was splendid and sweet, and didn't have the sour sweet taste as the ones from the fruit market.

"Well, this is the best fruit juice I have tasted in my life".

He smiled and Simona came down the stairs and held two dresses and asked me, "Which one should I wear for the carol, the green one or the gold one?" I looked at the options and answered.

"Well I think I like the gold one". Then it hit me I didn't have what to wear for the carol,

"Christ I don't have an outfit for the carol, goodness what would I wear, I don't even have a shoe!"

Simona gasped and looked at me in utter shock and sighed, "Well, you better go shopping and look for what to wear, you know it's a festive season and most stores would be closing and clearing for the new year".

I knew what she was saying was the truth and I needed to get what to wear on time.

"Well, we could all go shopping, I don't even have anything to wear either".

Alex suggested. "Well that wouldn't be a bad idea but, I already have plans for the evening, sorry". Simona said and smiled. I instantly understood what she meant when she said she had 'plans for the evening'.

"It's okay, well, I guess I'll go alone and......."

Alex cut me short immediately, "No, we'll go together, I'll drive us".

I nodded and stood up, "Well, let's head out now, so we can get back on time"

Alex stood from the couch and took the car keys and shouted to his mum, "Mum! I'm heading out, I'll be back"

"Okay, be good!". He took his hoodie from the cloakroom and held my hand and opened the door.

I texted my sister in the car, telling her that I went shopping for the Christmas carol. Alex increased the heater and turned up the volume of the car radio, and it was playing a nice song.

"What song is this?". Alex turned and looked at me in shock,

"You don't know this song and you're Nigerian?" I shook my head,

"Well, it's Love Riddim by Rotimi". It was a nice song and the next was also good that I couldn't help but dance to the song, and Alex chuckled,

"Well, I can see the dancer in you".

I chuckled and patted my buns, "Can't help it, whenever I hear a good jam I just dance and go with the flow".

He pulled into the parking lot of the mall and we got out of the car and entered the mall. We checked different stores until we reached the Chanel store, it was my favorite designer, and I sure was going to get a dress from them, and probably a cute purse.

"You shop here?" Alex asked me with shock written all over his face. I'm pretty sure he is wondering how a sixteen year old high school girl does her shopping in one of the famous designers stores, but to be very honest, my family is very rich.

"I sure do". I smiled and went through clothes on the rack, but none caught my attention.

"Michelle! Michelle!!" A girl's voice shouted my name and I turned to see one of my friends that worked here.

"Hey Betty, how are you?" I asked her and she smiled and adjusted her hand bag,

"Never been better, you shopping today?" I nodded and frowned,

"Your store doesn't have what I want, I need a stunning dress for my school Christmas carol".

She held my hands and laughed lightly, "I don't work here anymore but, I could find you something unique to wear from the back".

I smiled and thanked her and went back to Alex, I found him looking at some hand bags and his facial expression was priceless.

"Five hundred dollars for a purse!" He would scream and go to the next item, "A thousand dollars for sunglasses, woah".

I went round the whole store and ended up buying a silver heels which looked like glass, which cost me seven hundred dollars and when I reached the reception, Alex offered to pay.

"I could pay for that, don't bother yourself".

But I thankfully denied and paid for the shoe myself, "It's okay Alex, I can pay, thank you".

We headed out to a different store where we would look for what he would wear. He got a suit and entered the dressing room and changed. After sometime he came out but the suit wasn't really good. After a few trials, he finally wore a red tuxedo and a black button up shirt inside, with a bow tie and black trousers, and to be completely honest, he looked stunning.

"This is great, let's pack it up".

He paid and he asked me, "Michelle, why don't we go to the hair salon, while we wait for your outfit to arrive?"

I nodded in response. We went to a nearby salon and Alex started washing his hair. I sat down and a young lady came behind me and asked.

"What can I do for you today?" I shook my head and smiled,

"No, I'm not doing my hair". She smiled and looked at my hair.

"I could really do something special to your hair though, it looks full and it's pretty".

I thought to myself, I haven't made my hair in a salon before, I always twist it myself , or style it like that, maybe I could use a professional working on it.

"Well, what can you do to it then?" I asked and removed the bands from my hair, allowing it drop to my shoulder.

Andddddd. Cut. So Alex and Michelle are hanging out now, what do you think Michelle would wear for the carol??? Anyways, you know the drill, vote, comment, share and most importantly stay safe. See you in the next chapter...