Chapter Thirty Eight~

We got to the dressing room and I was shocked, I had never entered here before, it was stocked with clothes, costumes and other unneeded stuffs. The young woman who brought me here handed me a dress, it was a red sleeveless dress which stopped above my knee, with a V-neck design in front. I removed my dress and stepped into the one she gave me.

I looked beautiful in it. I sat down and she called someone in to help fix up my makeup.

"I don't want to redo my make up I like this one".

She sighed and called the person not to bother. She handed me a red stiletto shoe and dragged me out of the room. I really wanted to sing the Holy night, but at the same time I wanted Bella to do it. Her voice was unique in it's own way and I didn't want to steal her glory.

I went to stand behind the curtain and watched the drama. I wanted to reach out and tell the music director I wasn't interested in doing the song again, that someone else should do it. I went to the nurses office and saw Bella coughing nonstop. I did this to her, I knew I had the power to do it but I was not going to use it anyhow. I thought about her being okay and she stopped coughed instantly.

I walked over to the bed where she sat. She looked at me with so much hatred and disgust.

"Did you really think that if I had this sudden cough, you'll be able to sing my part, no way because it has stopped, and I'm doing it".

She stood up and began walking out of the sick bay. "Bella, I just wanted to talk".

She stopped immediately and turned back with a puzzled look.

"Talk? Really? Michelle, there's nothing to talk about, I'm going to go on stage now, and you're gonna leave me the hell alone!"

She snarled and I stood up and held her arm, "Bella, listen to me, enough of this useless and dumb attitude you keep showing towards me".

She looked surprised and puzzled and I continued talking. "I have done absolutely nothing to you but you just keep hating me, I didn't steal any of your boyfriends, they came to talk to me, I don't have anything serious with any of the boys you are crushing on".

I air quoted, "Look, I really don't want to sing your part, that's why I came here, you know you're the only one who's best for the part that's why I didn't compete with you, I really wanted you to sing the part that's why I came here to take you back to the stage where you belong".

She sniffled and dabbed at her eyes, "Michelle, I... I'm really sorry for the way I've been treating you badly, honestly the truth is I....I was just". She stopped talking and sighed.

"The truth is I was a little jealous of you, I was just wondering how you carry yourself with so much confidence and nobody calls you a slut or other names, and I was surprised you were kinda getting a lot of attention from everyone and nobody seems to notice me again, you know I was always the most talked about and guys always gave me lots of attention, but since you came, you've been getting all the attention".

I looked at her in complete shock, she was one of the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and yet she feels left out, I hate the attention I can't seem to avoid it no matter what.

"Bella, honestly speaking I had no idea and for the record I personally hate all the attention, I just like, you know, being on my own but I guess being pretty isn't that easy".

She chuckled and looked up at me, "I'm really sorry Michelle". I brought out my hand and she shook it,

"I'm sorry too Bella, now let's get you fixed up, you have a show to do".

She smiled and hugged me tightly, "Thanks Michelle".

I hugged her back and peeled myself away and dragged her to the backstage. When we got there the music director looked shocked to see Bella.

"Are you okay?" She nodded beside me and I turned to look at Alex, his face looked like he had seen a ghost, he walked up to me slowly but steadily.

"Michelle, are you okay?"

I nodded my head and pulled me aside, "What's up?"

I chuckled and looked at Bella as she went to get her makeup fixed. "Nothing, I dunno if we are friends now but at least we have understood ourselves better now, now let's go to the auditorium and watch the show". I smiled and he held my cheeks.

"You're amazing". I blushed and he kissed me on the cheek and pulled me to the backdoor.

The school building was completely empty and all the classes were vacant. We headed towards the auditorium and I stopped when I heard a familiar giggle. I pulled Alex to the class door and we watched through the glass. Sean held Diane so close and kept kissing her neck. I struggled so hard to stifle my laughter and Alex looked as if he were about to explode in laughter.

He grabbed her ass and she shrieked and he held her face and kissed her. Her hands pulling at his hair and his hands encircling her tiny waist. Alex pulled me away as I watched them.

"Hey what was that for?" He pulled me to the door of the auditorium and we entered. We sat down at the only available seats at the back and watched the show.

Jessie looked beautiful in her suit style dress which was kinda short. She talked about a few things and I pulled out my phone from my purse.

"Let's welcome on stage again our fellow student who had a little allergic reaction but is back to shine again, Bella!".

I looked up and the stage went dark and the spotlight revealed her, dressed in a glittering green dress and her makeup done to perfection.

She smiled and walked to the microphone stand and began singing. Honestly speaking, her voice was beautiful, it had a soft touch, the dancers came out looking exotic in their white costume. The sight was beautiful, her smile was so beautifully and dazzling, the show was really fantastic. I looked at Alex and he looked at me too and smiled.

"Thank you so much Alex". He held my hands and gave it a gentle squeeze and we turned back to watch Bella.