Chapter Twenty Six~

My throat didn't feel sore anymore, I was singing well and it didn't tingle me or irritate me. I sang with ease and that made me happy. My nose wasn't runny anymore, I felt relieved, no more cold for this girl. I told Diane about the sudden miracle and she was excited too. Alex and I later went to the music department and saw the director.

He looked glad to see us especially me, "Michelle, I heard you were down with a cold, hope you are fine now?"

I nodded and smiled, "I'm way better now"

Hey clapped his hands and smiled at me , "Well let's see how far you have gone with your practicing for the duet, shall we"

I smiled at Alex, and he started grinning, he left my side and sat down to play the piano. He played the intro which I hummed to, and finally I began to sing.

  Mary did you know that your baby boy
  Would one day walk on water?
  Mary did you know that your baby boy
  Would save our sons and daughters?
  Did you know that your baby boy
  Has come to make you new?
  This child that you delivered, will soon deliver you.

After singing my part Alex began to sing his.

  Mary did you know that your baby boy
  Will give sight to a blind man?
  Mary did you know that your baby boy
  Will calm the storm with his hands?
  Did you know that your baby boy
  Has walked where angels trod?
  When you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God.

After singing his part, we both sang the chorus.

  Mary did you know?
  Mary did you know?
  Mary did you know?Did you know?
  Mary did you know?Mary did you know?

  The blind will see, the deaf will hear
  The dead will live again
  The lame will leap, the dumb will speak
  The praises of the lamb.

Then after singing the chorus, I looked at Alex and smiled before singing the next part.

Mary did you know that your baby boy
Is Lord of all creation?
Mary did you know that your baby boy
Would one day rule the nations?
Did you know that your baby boy
Is heaven's perfect Lamb?
That sleeping child your holding is the great, I am.

After singing the last verse, we both sang the ending part.

  Mary did you know?
  Mary did you know?
  Mary did you know?Oh

We sang the end so perfectly, with me harmonizing and his deep melodious voice went so smoothly like I had never imagined. I opened my eyes and saw Alex smiling, which made me smile too and everyone began to clap, I didn't notice the amount of people that came into the music room until now and their applause was somewhat deafening but I didn't mind and I went to hug Alex. His hold on my waist tightened before we separated.

I noticed my throat wasn't sore anymore and I could sing so well and better than I have ever sang before. The music director, came to me and hugged me.

"Michelle, you sound better every time I hear you sing, it's like your voice is becoming way more beautiful by the day".

I smiled at his compliments and nodded towards Alex, "Thanks to him, he really encouraged me when I felt like I lost all hope".

Alex smiled and held my hands, "You're highly welcome".

After sometime, we left the music room and headed towards the cafeteria. When we opened the door, everyone suddenly stopped eating and they started clapping. I was surprised until I heard someone say, "We love you Alex"

Someone came up to me and squealed excitedly, "Your voice was so lovely, I uploaded the video on my Snapchat story, and on Instagram, I tagged you by the way"

She squealed and left. I recognized her as a junior students because of her uniform, but she seemed familiar, I think her name was either Jenner or Tessa, I wasn't sure though. We went to order our food and that's when I understood what she was saying.

Someone that was in the music room did a live stream, and others did a video, and a lot of students tuned in and some saved the video and posted it. I knew because of the constant buzzing of my phone, I was getting notifications from the tagging and my friends outside the school messaging me and saying I sounded beautiful, and those that asked who Alex was, and a lot of other related messages. I ignored it and took a tray and disposable plate.

I joined the queue and when it was our turn, the lunch lady smiled at me, "Oh darling you sounded so beautiful, I never knew you could sing like that, and that Bella girl has been singing for us when you are way better, and you of course young man, you were stunning".

I smiled and dropped my tray, "Oh thank you ma'am, I don't really sing I just do the presenting work". Alex looked at her and thanked her also for the compliment.

"Well now that we know your voice is way beautiful, you'll be singing for us from now on". She winked.

"Well let's see how it goes" she smiled broadly and said something to the other lunch lady and faced me.

"Well a special dish for a special couple" she handed me a covered dish. I looked at Alex and saw surprise written all over his facial features.

I smiled at the lunch lady and whispered, "We aren't a couple, just friends"

She chuckled and winked at me, "Well, you two look cute together, better start something soon"

Alex collected the dish and smiled at her, "We'll think about it, thank you for this" he said gesturing to the covered dish. I was surprised at his reply We'll think about it.

We walked to my table, and my friends were all excited seeing us, we sat down and I rubbed my palms together and looked at Alex, "Ready?"

He nodded and I opened the platter. It was two wraps of burgers with fries and chicken nuggets with ketchup. This had to be Christmas because never have I ever seen when our schools cafeteria gave hamburger, the nicest they have ever been was to give us each two slices of pizza which was once a month.

The usual would be Monday - Lasagna, Tuesday- Mac and cheese, Wednesday-Chicken sandwich, Thursday-Coconut rice and turkey and Friday which was my favorite day, we took brunch on Friday instead of lunch and that was a big bowl of ice cream sundae for each table for eight people and vanilla sponge cake. But luckily for my table we were just five and that was Vanessa, Jessie, Chloe, Diane and I, so we had more ice cream to share.

But today the lunch department had made this special platter for Alexandra and I because our voice sounded beautiful. I took a burger and took a bite, it tasted so damn good, it was warm and spicy and sweet all at once. Alex took a fry and dipped it ketchup and that's when I asked him in a whisper, although I knew my friends weren't paying much attention.

"So when are we gonna think about it huh?"

He chuckled and dipped a fry in ketchup, "Well, I don't know, I just said it so we could escape from her never ending question"

I swallowed my burger and nodded, "Oh okay, anyways how are you spending the holiday?"

I asked, changing the topic. He shrugged, "Well, I'm not sure for now, but my dad said we might spend the holiday in Nigeria".

My eyes widened at the mention of Nigeria, and I shook my head in order to prevent thoughts of my nightmares from coming to my head. I nodded and looked down at the ketchup, until I heard Alex's voice.

"Earth to Michelle, are you okay?" I chuckled and shrugged the thought off.

"Yeah I'm fine, sorry for drifting away". I tried so hard to get the thoughts of my nightmares away from my head but it was hard. I smiled and looked at Alex and his amazing smile as he told me about his last visit to Nigeria.

Hey guys, well so far things have been rough for Michelle but she's surviving and sang beautifully with Alex, well Alex is spending his Christmas with his family in Nigeria. Anyyyyyyyywayyyyyssssss, You know the drill, Vote.......Comment.........Follow and Share please

Love y'all