Chapter Forty~

I opened my eyes and I was in the forest again. I hated this journey and every time blacking out. I stood up from my laying position on the floor and looked around.

"My dear, everything is working according to plan, we have seven days until you come back home". The strange lady in the white attire spoke from behind me. I turned around to see her.

"Honestly speaking, I'm tired of all this sudden blackouts, my family is kinda worried this is like the third or fourth time this thing is happening".

She chuckled and stretched her hands towards me, "Hold my hands". She whispered softly to me.

I reluctantly held it and she began muttering something in a rather strange language and when she opened her eyes, they were blueish white.

She blinked and opened it again and they were back to normal. "Nne, reaching out to you from a very far distance can be quite draining and that's why we have to make you come only when I have important things to tell you, follow me".

I followed her and she took me through a dark path they had water by the side. I looked around and saw everything and when we got to a point she stopped.

"There are three different paths and I want you to decide which path we would follow, decide carefully".

I always followed what my dad had thought me always go left because when something good is coming from there it's coming from the right, and when something bad is coming it's coming from your own right.

"Left" I muttered and she looked at me surprisingly, "How did you know that was the right path?"

I shrugged and explained what my dad had taught me.

"He was a very wise man, and that's why I want you to avenge his death, on this path I will show you the people who you need to kill in order to avenge your fathers death".

We walked on the path on the left and as we walked she told me who my first target would be and we paused when we stopped and a pond of water and a man who I had seen before in the pond before.

"Alhaja, is your first target, he's the CEO of a petroleum industry, a multi millionaire, but everyone knows his weakness to be.....how do I put it, yes love for women".

I looked at her with confusion written all over my face, "So what do you intend for me to do?"

She chuckled lightly and began walking. "Well you are not a child anymore, so I expect you to lure him to his death, simple".

I took a step back away from her, "You do know that, that man is old enough to be my father, I can't.... I will not lure him".

She stopped dead on her tracks and smiled deviously, "How old are you?"

I was surprised at the question, "Sixteen". She hummed and continued walking, leaving me to follow suit.

"Good, I had my son at seventeen, there is no much difference".

Okay at this point, I was tired of walking, I stopped to catch my breath and she looked behind me, "Sorry for the long walk".

She bent down and picked a dried twig and drew a circle in front of us. When she was done, she threw water into it from the water surrounding us and it began shining.

"This is your second target, Miss Adesua, she is a fashion designer, owns most of the expensive stores in the country, she has a crazy obsession for smelling good".

I looked and her and almost burst into fits of laughter, "How could someone be obsessed with smelling good?"

Ezenwanyi chuckled and I looked at the woman, dressed in a green dress, seated behind a large oak wood desk with different bottles of perfume on her desk. Okay that was a crazy obsession, but I didn't care.

"So I guess we're done for now, when you come in the next seven days, we'll run through your different targets".

I nodded and she stepped back and threw a white dust at me and everything began fading away.

"Don't forget, you alone, see you soon".

And that was it, I landed on the ground and the powder began having its effect on me, I screamed out loud because the thing she threw on me was making my skin tingle and it kind of hurt.

"Oh my goodness!" I sat up immediately from the bed and looked at my alarm clock, it was eight in the morning, I had slept since yesterday and I was still in my cheerleading outfit.

I stood up and stretched, my whole body ached, I don't know whether it's from the yesterday's activity or from my blacking out. I walked to the bathroom and stepped out of my cloth and turned the heater on.

I covered my hair with my shower cap and entered the shower. I let the water flow down my body, and picked up my soap. "Zee?"

My sister called my na,e from the room, "In the shower!" I washed my face and she knocked on the door.

"Yes". She said something from behind the door, but her voice was inaudible. "Huh?" She shouted again, but I still couldn't hear her.

"I can't hear you!!" The bathroom door opened and she stepped in.

"I said did you see my phone charger, I left it on the side drawer yesterday before you slept off".

I switched off the shower, "I didn't see this". She turned to leave and I switched on the shower.

"What's that?" I turned back and looked at my sister standing and holding the door handle.

"What's what?". She pointed at my waist and I looked down at the red waist bead which had refused to leave my body.

"It my new waist bead, I feel I'm adding extra weight, so I want to control it, you know what I'm saying?" She looked confused but shrugged and left. Phew. That was close. I came out of the shower and entered the room.

Okay so we are nearing the end if this story, pls keep voting and commenting and share plsssss. See y'all in the next chapter.