Kiddo

Ericka's pov

It's been a couple of days since "the battle" happend. Shane and I decided to go home to Alexandria and wait for Rick's return.

Maggie is practically in charge of the hilltop with Jesus as her right hand man. Carol is, I guess Queen of the kingdom. I love how the three communities have now merged into one, just hate that it cost us members of the communities.

"Thank God she looks more and more like Lori every day." Shane says as we are playing with Judith on the living room carpet at Rick's house.

"Thank God, she never got your nose or big ears." I say teasing him

"Have you seen Carl anywhere?" He asked me

"Not since this morning, he'll be back soon though, I promised him I'd make his favorite soup later." I tell Shane

"Do you think we can trust Dwight?" Shane questioned me

"Based on what he's done to Daryl and Denise, I can't." I answered him "thanks to him, Negan treated Daryl like a dog. Feeding him dog food sandwiches, making him sleep in a cold cellar without any clothes, and when they finally do give him clothes they give him piss and vomit stained sweat pants and sweat shirt... killing Denise with Daryl's crossbow... I can't trust anyone who does that shit."

"Daryl is a tough son of a bitch... how did he get escape anyway?" Shane asks as he plays with Judith's stuffed bunny making her laugh

"Dwight's wife let him go as she escaped herself. I replied back just then Carl entered the house "Hey kiddo, wash up, I'm gonna get started on your soup soon."

"Y-yeah, that sounds good. Thank you Ericka, you too Shane, you guys always did look out for me !" He says as he heads up stairs

"That was sweet of him." I say getting up from the floor to make my way to the kitchen

"He wants something, or he did something just doesn'tknow how to ask or tell us." Shane says also getting up from the floor while holding Judith in his arms "Come on baby girl let's go read a book while mama gets dinner started."  That caused me to look at him, with a surprised expression.

"Don't tell her that Shane, I'm not her mama." I say looking away, a bit hurt at that realisation, years later it still bothers me.

"Well I'm her biological d-a-d-d-y so as long as she's with us, you're her m-a-m-a." He says winking at me before heading to her room

To my knowledge she has a mama and that's Michonne. I said that when Lori died I would help raise Judith and I have but ever since recently when Rick and Michonne got together, Michonne has been completely hands on with her than I have as of late, Michonne is her mama, I'm her auntie.

Rick still hasn't returned yet from his meeting with Jadis, but we are giving him forty-eight hours till we go after him.  Rosita and Michonne went to the sanctuary which I was against especially since both are still healing from their injuries, Daryl and Tara also took off to look after Dwight. As of now, none of the group's have returned yet.

The next day  (still Ericka'spov)

Rick still wasn't back yet and Negan was invading Alexandria. Without hesitation Carl and Shane gathered traps, ammo, and smoke bombs while I gathered everyone to safety into the underground tunnel.

"Be ok?" Judith asked while I held her in my arms playing with her stuffed animals I packed for her

"Yeah, baby we're gonna be ok." I kissed the top of her head trying to convince myself what I said was true

'Da-ddy?" She asked again, I'm assuming she means Rick

"He'll be here soon, don't worry ok." I tell her while thinking about Shane