Rest In Peace pt 1

Ericka's pov

"Lobo, can I talk to you alone?" I ask Daryl as we head up stairs to our staying room

"You alright?" He says as he lays next to me on the bed, I shake my head no as I can feel my eyes water up again

"This is the hardest thing I've ever said." I say taking a deep breath as Daryl now is worried. "I'm pregnant Daryl but the baby won't make it and neither will I." I say as I show him my slightly bit yet infected hip. "It happened while we cleared the alley for you and I was helping Luke. I'm sorry I never said anything I just wanted to save my family, I didn't even know I was pregnant till we took Judith to Tomi." I say as I am now a balling mess

Daryl's pov

I just found out I'm gonna be a father and my wife is dying at the  same fuckin time. I just held Ericka close to me as I felt the fever take over her and she was starting to sweat and her breathing was shallow.

I cried as I held her, how am I supposed to raise three kids on my own without her? How the hell am I gonna make it without her? I can't... I really can't.

No matter how hard I tried protecting her, I failed. Shane was right I can't keep her safe.

Ericka's pov

"This is so unfair." I say looking at him when we heard a knock at the door before we could answer, Shay walked in.

"Sorry mama and Daryl, I was just wondering where you were... Are you ok mama?" She asked innocently.

"Come here bug, I need to tell you something but you have to be strong ok?" I tell her knowing it's not fair I'm technically leaving my daughter behind as an orphan.

As expected shay did not take the news well and I couldn't blame her she's only eight. I held on to her as tight as I could as she too held me as close to her as possible. She then stopped and  pulled her self together and ran to her room and then seconds later came back with a camcorder.

"Mama, I never wanna forget you, tell me everything about you and daddy please." She says sitting on the bed with a slight smile and small tears coming down her cheeks. "As long as I have my memories with you, you'll always be with me just like daddy."

Even though she's heard this story for Shane and I over and over again I told her how I first met Shane and how I tripped over his football helmet, our first date, her siblings Angel, Angelina, SJ, Dominic and Xavier. I didn't have the heart to tell her about the one I'm carrying. , How it was in the very beginning of the world ending and all those we lost, up until the present time.

I told her about the songs Shane I would listen to, I even sang "dreaming of you, Angel of mine, and Linger" to her, our favorite movies, favorite foods, favorite colors, and any other questions she had. She recorded almsot two hours worth of mine and Shane's history. By this point I was a sweaty mess, and my skin color had faded to almost paper white.

Everyone else wondered where Daryl and I were. I asked Nabila and Jerry to help Daryl with raising the the kids since they're extremely close to their kids.

I said my goodbyes to Carol and Maggie. I passed the touch of being Princess to Princess since she is a massive part we're all still here well the group, I even called her Princess instead of chicka which made her cry and laugh at the same time.

Gabriel said a prayer and read me my last rights, I told him I'd say hi to my cousin for him and tell her how much he's missing her already.

"I know I didn't tell you but I'm thankful that you became another mother to RJ and I." Judith says as she wipes tears from her eyes. "It's not fair you're leaving us but thank you for saving me."  RJ was too shooken up to say anything he just held me and cried, kissed my forehead and gave me a paper heart he made before they were escorted out of the room.