55

It's been a while so read the end of the last chapter to remember what was going on.
It will be better like that.
Otherwise enjoy!❤️

Nathalie rolled her eyes to the angry expression of her boyfriend.
"You're too protective" she sighed.

"No I'm not! I am simply saying my thoughts about 'the random guy' who seems to be your best friend!"

"Gosh do you ever shut up!?" The woman cursed, getting off of the bed and grabbing her phone to accept the call.
"Now be quiet!" She ordered him which completely took the man by surprise and had him feeling even more suspicious than before.

If 'the random guy' wasn't so special then why was Nathalie acting completely different now?
And more importantly, why was she being so damn ignorant towards her boyfriend?
Those were the questions which had the grey haired man anxious.

He feared she was catching feeling for another, but as he knew his assistant, she wasn't like that. She would never betray another in such cruel ways. Yet as of right now Gabriel did feel betrayed in those exact cruel ways.

"Hello!" The sweet voice of the assistant brought the designer back into reality from his terrifying thoughts "How are you?" She giggled over the phone in such a sweet tone that she otherwise barely ever used.

"Well I'm-...f-fine." The voice answered back, sounding rather unsure, almost as if Ron himself on the other side of the line would've been surprised by the joyful tone of the woman too.
However, after an awkward cough the man continued.
"So I called because I have more information about...your person. Would you like me to say it? Are you free right now?"

"Well..." Nathalie looked over her shoulder to spot the designer aggressively frowning at her and shaking his head in disapproval, but she just shrugged and looked away.
"Yeah sure, I'm free."

"G-great! S-so I-...well I-...I k-know his number a-and-...uhm-...if you'd like-"

"To be honest that's not quite what I was thinking of." She cut him off "I-I mean it would be quite awkward for me to call him, right?"

"Right. But what were you thinking then?"

"Uhm I suppose I imagined that you could tell me some background information on him. For example his previous relationship, his family, any siblings, or maybe his criminal history-"

"Oh." Ron sighed with unease "I am quite sure that information is impossible for me to get knowledge of."

"Why do you say that?"

"Well you know Tom, or maybe you don't, not good enough at least. But it's important that you know men like that who have connections to-...let's just say a lot of sketchy people, won't give out any form of information about their life, no matter what."

"How do you know?" The woman questioned with a bitter voice while her trust in 'the random guy' suddenly began declining. "Do you have experiences?" She added to which a deep sigh could be heard from the other side of the line, and then, Ron spoke slowly.

"Nathalie look-..." he began "...maybe if we had a day to only ourselves then I could explain, but right now, over the phone, barely having a few minutes-...I can't."

"Ron I-..." she hesitated to say it because the woman knew her boyfriend who was listening to all this would go feral, but she had to risk it, she had to find out, no matter the cost. "...well what if we do have a day to ourselves?" Nathalie proposed the idea "Would you be willing to tell me everything you know?"

"I-..." Ron's voice unexpectedly broke "...theoretically speaking yes."

"And realistically?"

"There are a lot of conditions which-"