33

I forgot a bit about this book, so here's an update, but don't worry I'll write more to "against you" soon.

"Pardon." Nathalie apologized "I simply don't want to-"
"Have a kid! I understand!" Gabriel spat as he now was about to get up and leave but before he could've escaped his assistant laid a hand on his which somehow held the designer back.

"I'm sorry sir, I know I sounded very harsh and there's no proper was to apologize for my behavior but-"
"It's fine! Just leave me alone now."

And with he stood up leaving the rest of the family behind and Nathalie feeling like a complete mess.

Of course almost immediately the two kids noticed that the assistant began to tear up and in a couple of second she followed in her boss's footsteps as she ran away from the table.

Now the only people who were left behind was Adrien, his sister, and the two small kids of Alice.
They all stayed quiet for a bit until the blond woman broke the painfully awkward silence.

"Should I go after-"
"Yeah." The blond boy interrupted, not even allowing his sister to finish her sentence "you find Nathalie and I find father, deal?"
"Deal!"

So without wasting any further time they both stood up and went after the older adults.

-

It didn't take that long to find the woman with dark hair since she had been 'hiding' in the office where she thought no one could disturb her. But as soon as Alice walked in, things changed.

"Nathalie!" She cheered "Look I'm sorry, I was the one who started that conversation and ruined our dinner. It's all my fault so don't blame yourself."
"No-no please!" The assistant shook her head vigorously "I overreacted and hurt Mr Agreste's  feelings, so it's all my fault. You simply tried to talk to me but then I completely ruined everything with my stubborn attitude!"
"Well-...still-...I should be more careful with my words, and consider how it might make others feel, right?"
Alice laid a hand on Nathalie's shoulder who suddenly gasped, and for a split second even glanced up at the younger woman in front of her.
"Right, but I also need to work on my attitude."

Now they both smiled in agreement, so thankfully comforting Nathalie ended up well, however, comfort Gabriel was currently a very difficult task for the teenager.

"Father, I understand that you're mad at Nathalie but-"
"You don't understand anything Adrien! You're only 17! Not even an adult! Just leave! Go! GET LOST!" The designer shouted as he slammed the door in his son's face making everything go quiet for a second.

"Damn it!" The blond boy spat as he even tried to unlock the door afterwards but his father had used a key to lock it so now there's was no hope in lifting up his mood. And just in that exact moment of failure Nathalie alongside with Alice arrived.

"What happened?" The women worried.
"Oh he's mad! Fuming! I mean i don't think anything fragile will survive in there." Adrien carefully whispered as he nudged his head towards the designer's bedroom door behind which soon a huge breaking sound of a vase was heard.
"Shit. Let's hope that was not mother's urn." The kids shared a look before instantly starting to laugh, but whilst they were having so much fun the assistant got rather disturbed.
"Quit that!" She whisper-shouted "if Mr Agreste hears you two you're both dead! We don't joke around like that in the house."

"Sorry Nathalie." Adrien and Alice apologized but it still took both kids a great amount of self control not to start giggling all over again.

Anyways, whilst those younger people were minding their own business the dark haired woman decided to do something so stupid which could've gotten her killed, but she still knocked on the door.