34

"Gabriel" she mumbled under her breath being way too afraid to say it louder. "I d-didn't mean to-"
But Nathalie couldn't even finish her sentence as the blond boy interrupted her with a scream:
"You fucked her pretending she was my mother?!"
"Well not really because we didn't actually-"
"That doesn't matter! Oh it's still pathetic! How could you even-"
"Adrien! I-it was my idea! Blame me! I just wanted to make your father...happy." The assistant admitted in front of everyone feeling more than ashamed, humiliated even, and as all eyes fell on her she couldn't help but sigh in a depressed manner "I am pathetic, not him. It's all me. I offered to help your father with whatever he wants, whatever he needs, whatever pleases him, I'm just-...just a whore for attention."
"Oh no Nathalie-" Alice whispered feeling bad for simply sanding there and not doing anything to help the sobbing woman in front of her who soon turned around and hid her embarrassed face away Gabriel's shirt. But nevertheless, the teenage boy still had disgust painted all over his face.
He simply couldn't process why on earth the adults would act so ridiculous, and so pathetic if things could be just as easy as 'dating each other', but sadly things weren't that simple.
The two individuals couldn't 'just date' even if they would've really wanted to, because first the designer would need to finally let go of his wife and focus on the present, the woman who was crying in his arms right this second.

"Well-...I think you two have heard and seen enough" the older man began "So we'll just...go."
"Okay." Agreed Alice as she placed a hand on her brother's shoulder and signaled him to get out.

Then after the child was gone, the three adults shared a look and all sighed in agreement.

"So we're going back to London?"
"Well...you should return to your real home, I mean it's not that you're bothering us or anything, but I can just imagine that the kids probably go to kindergarten and you have work -"
"Yes I get it dad! And you need to say your final goodbye to mom!"
"I do." He whispered almost not wanting Nathalie to hear the disappointment in his voice, but she did, in fact she knew exactly how disappointed he was with having to leave behind his wife who was still alive.
Therefore for a moment the assistant even pulled back and was about to wipe her own tears away, but then suddenly her superior without a warning grabbed her hand.

"Nathalie I'm sorry, I know you know everything I'm thinking right now and whatever you're feeling must be horrible, but just allow me to confess that I never wish to hurt you in such a way. I don't want you to think that Emilie is better than you, she isn't, plus I-I can't compare you two...that's simply cruel...so I'll only say that you're both very precious to me...but I have to leave her in the past and focus on you now, right?"
"Well not really sir." She cried "You don't need to, I'm not forcing you to do so...and I wouldn't want to force you to love me. If you don't...that's alright...just tell me instead of pretending."

They grey haired man sighed as he pulled his woman closer and now very tightly pressed her against his chest.

"Nathalie I-...I want to be good for you."
"Good for me?"
"Well yes. I want to be better, to change my selfish ways and give you what you truly deserve, even though I might not be able to, I'll still try."
"Awh-" The blond woman began to tear up as she watched her dad act so 'cute' towards his employee who was very obviously forcing a smile onto her face and then replying: "Thank you, sir."

After that, she left, but Alice could tell that Nathalie didn't really mean that last "Thank you."
Instead of it sounding heartfelt it sounded rather emotionless and cold, but Gabriel was too lost in his own emotions to realize anything. So once he snapped back into reality and came across his daughter's disappointed glare, he jumped.

"What?!"
"Don't 'what' me! You saw what happened!"
"What?! What happened?! I told Nathalie I liked her, isn't that what you wanted me to do?!"
"Me?!?!" She gasped, feeling hurt "Don't act like you're only liking her because I told you to do so, there must be some more...right?"
"Well of course! I-...I-...I-I need her..."
"Need her?"
"Yes with my business because Nathalie handles most of my-"
"DAD! YOU IDIOT! Don't you realize that you're talking of her as if she was some robot completing all your demands!! Do you like anything about her that's not related to this darn company!?!?"
"Well-...uh-...I-...love-..."