S2|Ch.38

...Flower of Evil...

Yeonjun, Robin and Yunxi stood inside the building where Beomgyu was kept earlier.

"This place still has the fragrance of the portal Nian created. So,this place will lead us to them", Yunxi said looking around the dark building.

Yeonjun, "If I knew the exact place,I'd have teleported us there. But Robin couldn't figure out where they were at that time"

Robin nodded. "Iseul said something like an auspicious land for demonic energy or something. It didn't look like a land of Korea. I'm sure it wasn't a land in this country"

The trio was now ready to go and find Iseul. It was a big risk. The trio was no match for Nian and Iseul. But they needed to take the risk before Nian swallow Iseul's soul.

"Excuse me,master of Iseul,do you know when will ghost Kings come?", Robin asked feeling nervous.

Yunxi paused for a moment before replying, "If we are lucky, they'll come back before we die"

"Wow,that's reassuring", Robin said sarcastically. "To tell you the truth,I have a terrible rotten luck,so I don't think we'll be lucky enough to live. I'm not trying to scare you two but just in case —"

Yeonjun, "Alright, calm down. You can stay here if you are scared"

"I'm not!"

While the two of them were bickering, Yunxi summoned his spiritual flute. It was a white jaded flute and almost transparent. A beautiful musical instrument but at the same time a dangerous weapon.

Suddenly, Jungkook's image came to his mind. He had warned him multiple times to not get involved but he couldn't turn a blind eye. He didn't want to die too. Not this time when he had admitted his feelings.

"We won't die", he mumbled and put the flute near his lips before playing a tune.

Robin and Yeonjun shut up and focused on Yunxi. A blue light suddenly emitted from the flute with the tune he was playing. Just then,a portal was opened infront of them.

Yunxi stopped playing.

"Robin"

Robin looked at him,"Yeah?"

Yunxi,"You need to talk to Iseul. Only you can do it. She won't be able to harm you because of the holy energy in you. Me and Yeonjun will back you up against Nian. Alright?"

Robin gulped and nodded.

Yeonjun, "You got this", he whispered and fist bumped with her.

Yunxi entered first followed by Robin and Yeonjun.

It was the same castle ground. The trio looked around warily as they walked ahead. The ruined walls and pillars were everywhere.

Just as they past another set of pillars,they came to the middle of the castle ground where a small rocky stage was in the middle. Nian was sitting on it casually with a one knee bent up. A ghost light was on his palm to entertain himself.

"You never learn your lesson, right?", He voiced out without looking at them. He had already felt their presence when they first entered the ground. He looked at them with a small grin. "A bunch of idiots who never learn from their past. Why can't you just move on and live? It's not like I'm destroying your lives"