Fiore Island: Rose City

3rd Person POV

Platinum, Robert, Katrina, and Apollo all looked confused at Isaiah, who was packing his things.

"Uh Isaiah?" Apollo started.

"What's up?" Isaiah replied.

"Why are you packing everything?" Katrina asked. "We're the Elite Four, we kinda need to know if you're going somewhere."

Isaiah sighed and stopped packing everything to look at the 4 of us.

"I'm taking a temporary leave of absence from the league." He said.

"But why?" Platinum asked.

Isaiah sighed.

"I'm not as strong as I thought I was." Isaiah said as he looked down. "The Masters Tournament is next year, and if I want to take you down and compete, then I need to become way stronger."

Robert sympathized and understood where Isaiah was coming from.

"I get it." Robert said, and Isaiah looked at him. "Winning The Masters Tournament is the only thing the 5 of us dream of. We should all train in our own ways to reach that goal."

Everyone in the room looked around at each other, but with understanding.

"Alright then. Good luck Isaiah." Katrina said.

"Christopher will take my spot in the Elite Four until I come back. You guys, stay sharp." Isaiah gave each of them a smile as he headed off on his own.

"Vee?" Eevee said to Platinum.

"Don't worry Eevee." Platinum smiled. "He'll come back stronger than ever!"

Zeldris's POV

Finally... Rose City! We're here!

We'd arrived on Fiore Island, the last of the islands in the Ethereal Archipelago. Rose City's gym was located here as well.

Circe was marveling at Rose City as we walked through it. It was a little bit smaller than Retrorun City, but what made Rose City stand out, was that in the distance, we could see Melt Mountain.

"Hi! Welcome to Rose City!" A woman in the city greeted the two of us. "Today is Rose City's annual Moltres Festival!"

"Oh yeah, the nurse at Tiltside Village told us about that." Circe said as she looked at me.

"That's right." I said, remembering why the Moltres festival was held.

"Make sure you meet in front of the plaza for the firework show, and the gift exchange." She smiled.

"Gift exchange?" I questioned.

"Yup! During the Moltres Festival, everyone exchanged gifts with those that they love!" Said the lady.

My face began heating up and I looked at Circe.

"W-With those that they love?" I said.

"Make sure you don't forget!" The lady said as she walked away.

"S-So u-uh... um..." I started.

"Not a word!" Circe smiled. "I know exactly what I'm getting you!"

What?! She's getting me a gift?! Does that mean that she-! No! There's no way! Right...?! That's too good to be true...?

"R-Really? You've already got it figured out?" I asked.

"Yup!" She smiled then she began going in a different direction from me. "See you tonight!"