20|The End Of Something

Song: -Everybody- Backstreet boys
Octavia's Outfit:

Song: -Everybody- Backstreet boys Octavia's Outfit:

(+black leather gloves)
[⚡️]

*2006

Snow fell heavily from the sky as, Grace, Pogo, Reginald and the six remaining Hargreeves children gathered in the courtyard, holding black umbrellas. Each of the children was holding back tears as their father would never allow them to cry. On a platform in the middle of the courtyard was their brother, Ben's casket, coated in a layer of snow.

Octavia couldn't pry her eyes away from the casket, the immense guilt feeling like a knife to the heart. She had barely spoken a word to the others since the incident and whenever she did she was ten times more snappy than usual.

Ben was the best of them and he didn't deserve to die.

The cold bit at her cheeks as the snow fell and Octavia was grateful that she didn't wear a skirt with her uniform like Allison did, her trousers keeping her legs sheltered from the bitter cold.

"Your father is ready to give the eulogy, children," Pogo announced as Reginald stepped towards the casket, eyeing each of his children before he began to speak.

"The world is full of injustice." He began, "Good people die along with the bad. This cosmic equation will never change unless evil itself is wiped from existence. Thankfully there are powerful forces pushing back against the wicked and iniquitous, individuals who have the strength to pull together against insurmountable odds to face adversity with unblinking courage, and not to hesitate to sacrifice themselves for another," his tone grew bitter as he spoke, casting cold glances to each of his remaining children.

"Unfortunately," he continued, pausing as he looked at each of their grief-stricken faces, "none of you are such people." He said sharply, "Despite years of training and weeks of preparation, you allowed Number Six to die on this mission,"

Allison gasped at their father's words and turned to him, "It wasn't our fault," Luther placed his hand on her arm to calm her down.

"Excuses? I will not hear them," Reginald barked, "the umbrella academy had failed one of their own, the consequences of which are dire,"

Octavia gripped her umbrella tightly, squeezing her eyes shut to prevent the tears from falling. She took a deep breath to keep herself in control.

"Hold on to this feeling, children," sniffles echoed around the snowy courtyard as Reginald spoke, "...let it fester in your hearts so there is never a next time. Training will be cancelled today out of respect for your brother. We resume tomorrow at 6:00 am," with that he turned on his heel and retreated indoors followed by Grace and then Pogo.

The children remained silent as they kept their eyes trained on the casket that held the body of their beloved brother. On the lid was a picture of his face and it was framed with tentacles as a tribute to his powers.