07|The Day That Was

Octavia's outfits:

(+black leather gloves)

[⚡️]

*Crowds gathered outside of the Umbrella academy building, cheering and chatting, held back by barricades and watching for the arrival of the Umbrella Academy children after their mission. A band was playing music.

"They're coming! I think I can see their car!"

The cheering and applause got louder as the Hargreeves' car pulled up at the pavement. People were waving and Holding up signs.

"I see them! I see the car!"

One by one the Academy children got out of the car and walked in a line one behind the other towards the front door of the Academy, all in their uniforms and masks.

Ben first, then Klaus, Diego and Octavia, Allison, then Luther.

A kid from the crowd, who was wearing a paper mask and a homemade costume version of the Academy uniform, jumped over the barricade and grabbed Allison's arm as she passed. "Excuse me. I'm your biggest fan," he said.

Luther grabbed his arm making him let go of Allison, "hey, hey. You're not supposed to be in here." he told the boy.

"Get back behind the barricade!" Reginald Hargreeves ordered. Luther and Allison went inside with the rest of their siblings.

"It's just, I was born on the same day as the Academy kids," said the boy nervously under Reginald's harsh glare, "I think I'm like them. I must be. I haven't quite figured out what my power is... yet. But maybe with your help, we can find out."

Reginald leaned down to the boy's height, "You have no power." he said, "You never will have power. Now, go home."

"No, please. Just... I..." the boy stammered, "You have to let me stay. I came all this way. Please don't make me go back." he begged.

"A little word of advice, my boy," said Reginald, "Not everyone in this world can be powerful. Chasing something unattainable is a recipe for a lifetime of disappointment and resentment. So get off my property," he said, grabbing the boy by his jacket and dragging him away from the house and shoving him into the street as the crowd laughed.*

[⚡️]

Allison unfolded the piece of paper, "Harold Jenkins?" she said.

"Who the hell is Harold Jenkins?" asked Diego.

Five chugged the rest of Octavia's coffee before tossing the cup over his shoulder. "I don't know... yet," he said, "But I do know that he's responsible for the apocalypse. So we have to find him. And we have to do it now."

"How is he connected to what's gonna happen?" asked Luther.

"I don't know," said Five.

"Wait so you just know his name?" asked Diego, "That's it?"