Episode 58 "The Double Death of the Dearly Departed" Part 1

Start from the beginning

We then hear the funeral director speak, "Ladies and gentlemen, after you take a moment with the deceased, please join us in the family room for refreshments and reminiscences." We all nod going inside the room Hank was in as one by one people go up to see Hank as I was about to go. But I stopped seeing Booth trying to get Temp to go as well. I go over to her and take out my hand, "C-could... you come up with me... I don't do really well.... with-with seeing the ones I know... you know, passed on." I look at the ground as I felt her hand in mine as I look up at her seeing her giving me a supportive smile. I smile back gratefully as we walked up to Hank looking down at him. I give Temp a small squeeze as she gives me one back. I the see her reaching over grabbing the rose to place it back on his chest. But she seemed to notice something as she lets go of my hand and starts feeling Hank. I looked at her wide eyes as I just look back down putting a hand on her back and stepping closer to her so no one could see what she was doing as she opens his shirt feeling him. 

Booth had came over to us whispering, "Okay, Bones, Blueberry, you both suck at this. You're staring way to long at this guy, okay? And by the way it looks with Blueberry holding your back, people are gonna start thinking Bones had a thing for him." Temp then whispers to us, "This man was murdered." I ask, "What?" Booth says, "Heart attack." Temp shake her head, "No..." "He had a heart attack." "No, Booth, Ven, this man was murdered. Hank Reilly did not die from congenital heart failure. He was murdered." I then say, "Oh, gosh... can't we just once have a normal death... why us?" We made our way outside as Booth gives Temp and I two different drinks as Temp says, "This is whisky." Booth then says, "Well, it's a wake, Bones, okay? There's drinking involved." I then say, "Mine is apple juice..." "Well, you're a very light drinker... you wouldn't be able to last half of the wake before passing out." I nod drinking my apple juice as Temp says, "We should remain clear-headed so we can solve the murder." I then say, "I am." Booth clears his throat, "Cod word, okay? For 'murder." Temp and I nod, "Okay." "I want you two to say 'translation,' you understand? Translation, got it?" Temp and I both nod understanding as she says, "Someone translated Dr. Reilly, and we have to find out who."

Booth sighs, "Bones, is there any chance you just feel bad about not knowing this guy like the rest of us did? So, now you're just making it about you in saying that he was translated instead of, I don't know, dying of natural causes?" I shake my head, "Ranger... Temp is defiantly not feeling bad about not knowing him. If she says that it's murder, then it is. So, there is no chance of that." Booth then asks, "What makes you think he was translated?" Temp then starts explaining, "Okay, the rose that his assistant placed on his chest had fallen to the side. So, I reached in to put it back and I touched him." "Whoa, you touched him?! You didn't stop her?!" I shake my head, "Everything happened so fast that I panicked a bit and did the first thing I could think of and shielded her from the views of other." Temp adds, "I touch dead people all the time, Booth. Well, I felt cracked ribs. Left two through four." Booth tells Temp, "Drink up, will you?" "Why?" "Cause I'm hoping you're just a bit like Blueberry and you're gonna pass out." "Booth, we are talking about translation." 

We all sit down as Booth says, "Bones, Blueberry, you ever think that, I don't know, if there was evidence of foul translation,  that the coroner would have spotted it?" I nod, "Yes. They would have." "Fine, so, I'll tell you what. Tomorrow morning we will go find the guy who did the autopsy and we'll ask him questions." I wince a bit, "But, Dr. Reilly's scheduled to be cremated this afternoon." Temp stops him, "All the evidence will be destroyed. We have to get an injunction so that we can examine the remains." Booth asks, "Now? You want me to take the body now?" Temp nods, "Yes." I then ask, "Wouldn't the family be scarred for life?" Booth nods, "Yes they will." "Booth, the man has been translated." Booth sighs in frustration then turns to us, "Okay, fine. Fine, fine, fine. Triple fine, all right? I'll call for an injunction. In the meantime, go into the family room there where they're doing toasts, okay? Take her there Blueberry and keep an eye on her." I nod giving him a small salute. Before we leave Booth says, "Bones? Put on a sad face." Temp tries as it looks like a bit of a smile as I say, "Temp, sad." Booth shows her as she does it as he nods, "Keep that face sad. That's it. That's it. All right, let's look at yours Blueberry." I nod putting on my best remorseful face as Booth nods, "That's really good. You could really trick me."