You want to hit Risotto?

Request: what if you tried to hit Risotto?

C|TW: abuse

      I don't think I need to make an entire set of headcanons for this

      I don't think I need to make an entire set of headcanons for this. It seems like the obvious thing would happen if you were to hit Risotto Nero while in his forced care. The man that's been nothing but patient and understanding, letting you adjust at your own pace. Who's never even raised his voice when you did the most ridiculous shit just to escape from his love. Can you remember the last time he's even got mad at you?   

      I'm sure you can't because Risotto isn't going to prove you right in your idea that he's this unloveable monster that only wants to hurt you. He's not going to give you an excuse to run away from him. Again, he has nothing but patience for the love of his life. You'll come around once you finally understand that he's only here to give you solace in this chaotic world.   

      Why do you keep brushing off his efforts and ignoring all the good he's done for you? Are you that desperate to leave him for a world that doesn't care about you? You're in a hurry to go home to stress and loneliness. Which is frustrating since he's spent eight months showering you in comfort and love. How are you still unable to see things from his point of view, even with the way he treats you?   

      Must be why you thought hitting him would be the answer to leaving, right? You thought that if you'd hurt him after all he's done, it'd be obvious that you wanted nothing to do with him. It hurts his heart; The thought of you never getting it through that beautiful head of yours that he's only trying to love you. He moved, almost against his will, stalking towards you oozing death as he ached. The fight left your body, he noticed that. Were you scared of him now? Did you regret hurting him, already?   

      There! He saw it! Just as you held your hands up, trembling, begging for forgiveness. That look in your eyes right before he leaned down to meet your gaze, he saw it. The glint of realization, regret, and foolishness. You must've finally figured it out. When you looked into his eyes, you could see his hurt and understand that he felt betrayed. That he'd only get violent if you betrayed his trust and love, which he doesn't do often.   

      You suddenly remembered how patient he's been as you adjusted to your new life with him. That he's never gotten angry at you or lifted a finger to hurt you. He exuded warmth and a strange softness since day one. That's why it shocked you to see his glowing red eyes, it was the first time they seemed dangerous around you. Without the comfort and love filling them, you finally realized that an assassin was in love with you. That he only wanted to give you happiness. To strike him would surely grant you suffering and possibly death if you aren't careful. You can understand that now.   

      He didn't even have to hit.