26. Cocktail Meetings

Start from the beginning

I do a quick scan of the place and recognise the girls sitting a table set for five and give Baekhyun a quick peck before leaving the car and making my way over to the group, my boots clicking as I walk.

"Hey! You made it!" Jimin yells aloud as she jumps up from her seat and dances her way over to me. Clearly tipsy as she wraps her small arms around my shoulders, vodka heavy on her breath as she stands on her tip-toes.

"Sorry that I'm late! My hair refused to cooperate." I explain to the group of giggly girls as I wrap my arms around Jimin's waist, returning the hug and then proceeded to take the only empty seat.

"You look as beautiful as always Chaeyeong." Minjeong compliments me, throwing one arm over my shoulder to give me a quick side hug.

"You do look great, I love how straight your hair is." Aeri plays the ends of her own hair as she sits on the other side of me.

"You all look amazing ladies." I cut the compliments short as they were starting to make me uncomfortable, not knowing how to take them and shift the conversation "Have you guys already order?"

"We may have had a few shots while waiting." Jimin answers in her giggly state once again.

"We haven't ordered our food yet, just drinks." Yizhuo finish's off her friends thought as she laughs along with the giggly girl, slightly shaking her head with a smile plastered on her face.

I caught myself smiling at the younger girls as a waiter makes his way up to me. "Can I grab you anything, Miss?"

"Just an ice water please." I smile to the younger waiter as he writes down my drink order. The the girls start to tell him what their next drinks will be. Apparently, Jimin was trying to drink every alcoholic drink on the menu tonight.

"I'll be right back with your drinks and to take your food order." He bows and walks away from the table.

"You haven't been coming to the club on Monday that much anymore." Jimin says as more of a statement than a question.

"Yeah, I've been cutting back on my drinking." I say to the girl, her pouting in response. "I'll have to come down just to dance with you." Her pout immediately turns back into a smile and she sips on her drink.

"Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with that huge rock on your finger?" Minjeong questions, pointing out the shiny diamond on my ring finger.

"WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN!" Jimin shouts basically across the whole restaurant. Yizhuo slaps her hand on the louder girls mouth, trying her hardest to stifle her own laugh.

"Not too long ago." I try to reply nonchalantly. I don't know if these girls are involved with the Lee's yet but I still want to play it safe before I figure out who they are. "It just sort of happened." I smile down at the ring, thinking of the one and only.

"Come on, tell us who the lucky guy it is!" Aeri smile in excitement, slightly nudging my shoulder.

"Is that silver hair guy that works at the club? I've seen the way he looks at you." Minjeong throws out and I look her with confusion.

"Chanyeol?" I ask the girl, he's the only guy I know with silver hair. Before she can answer, Jimin has taken Yizhuo hand away from her mouth.

"Are you an idiot? What about the club owner? He walks around with a permeant frown, you seem to be the only one that can give him heart eyes." Jimin points out to the group, adding to the list of potential husband material.

"You'll just have to find out for yourselves." I wink to the girls. Before their whining of how unfair I am gets to out of hand the waiter comes back with our drinks and starts to take our order one by one.

When he's taken our order and grabbed the menu's to take with him, I bring up the next topic of conversation. "Well, you all know what I do for a living, what about you girls?" Time to see if I can get a read on any of them

"Minjeong and I both work at this restaurant." Jimin speaks up first, getting drunker by the minute.

"I work at the cat café on the other side of town, I also go to university part time." Aeri speaks from beside me.

"What are you studying?" I ask curious, sipping my ice water.

"I'm studying to become a doctor." She says shyly, she pulls away slightly and rubs her arm as if she was feeling insecure with her answer.

"That's so cool! I wanted to be a nurse when I was younger, yet here I am. You're going to be amazing at it." I give her shoulder a quick rub as a way to reassure her that her future plans are not something to be ashamed of. "What about you, Yizhuo?"

"I'm currently studying at university while also doing an internship." She answers coyly.

"You'll so smart. What are you studying and where is your internship?" The arrival of our piping hot and delicious looking food creating a pause in our conversation. We are thanked the waiter and cheers out drinks before digging into our food and back into conversation.

"I'm studying Pharmaceuticals and interning at 'Lee Pharmaceuticals'"

Bingo

The line was long into 'Exo' as Yixing and I drove past it just before open. The dinner went smoothly, there was no doubt in my mind that Yizhuo was the same Ningning that Matthew mentioned. Whether the other girls were involved in the same scheme, I couldn't be too sure. They are all super lovely and friendly people, why did they have to get involved with Lee?

Once we were inside, majority of our employees were there and having chat around the bar as Yixing started pouring their drinks already. I tucked my belongs away in the back lockers before making sure everything was ready for the doors to open.

"How was the girls dinner?" Chanyeol asks as he learns against the bar.

"It was good not having to deal with you animals for a few hours." I joke around with the male.

"There's the 'Ice Queen' we all know and love." My conversation was cut short with Chanyeol as my name was called from the open elevator by Baekhyun, signalling me to follow. "I'll be right back." I say to both Yixing and Chanyeol before making my way over to a very annoyed looking Baekhyun.

Once in the elevator with both Baekhyun and Junmyeon, Baekhyun wraps his calloused hand around mine and pulls me closer to his side. As the elevator door opens, Junmyeon makes his way to his office and Baekhyun pulls me along to his, slamming the door shut behind us.

Once the door clicks into place, Baekhyun spins around and wraps his strong arms around me, laying his face in the crook of my neck. "That bad huh?" I lightly chuckle as I follow his actions and tighten my arms around him.

"Can't we just kill him?" Baekhyun returned the hearty chuckle before slightly pulling back, not fulling letting go.

"You guys are mafia, you can do that." I state the obvious to the sulky mafia leader in front of me.

"We don't run that way my gorgeous fiancée." My cheeks heat up at the compliment and name he just called me.

"So, What's the verdict."

"He wants to set a date for the wedding, to sped up the process." He lets go to move and sit in his chair, pulling me along to sit on his lap.

"Why is that making you frown? We are set to get married anyways."

"I don't us to get married for some fifty agreement, I want it to be real." He wraps his arm around my waist. "I don't want you to feel trapped or like you're being forced."

I lift his chin with my forefinger and thumb, making him look me in the eyes. "I could never feel trapped with you."

Within in seconds Baekhyun's lips have found my own and are leaving sultry kissing behind. "You better get down there and help Yixing, wife."