Chapter 20 : Hellman's Helplessness

V's POV 

While waiting for the perfect time to raid the Satwave Tower, I think back to when Johnny materialized right where YN was sitting in the back seat, It was scarily disorienting, I know she noticed too from the bit I could see her through Johnny, I could tell she noticed something odd.

'I'm gonna have to tell her now, Thanks Johnny' Glaring at where he materialized sitting on the hood of the truck. 

"Not my fault you couldn't handle it" Johnny says 

'You screamed "Here's Johnny" and scared the fuck out of me, You sitting where she was was and moving while she did was disorienting cant blame me' I state as i ash the cigarette i was smoking

(Few Hours Later)

The Sun rises up and we get ready to go. Watching Panam gently wake YN makes me realize that's probably the most gentle I've seen her act towards anyone. An Unknown Feeling bubbles up in me and i don't know what it is, I never  felt it before, So i just push it down and hop in the Passenger seat, Turning to look at YN who's stretching.

YN's POV 

Being Awoken by Panam was a nice thing to wake up too, Especially since she was smiling for once, Not her usual scowl.

"What are you smiling about? You do something like draw on me?" I yawn out while Stretching, Annnnd, Her scowl returns after that causing you to grin.

"Shoulda, Get ready it's about time to go" She States 

(Five minutes later)

"Good, Time to Roll" Panam says as she drives along the road, Stopping near the gates, Panam goes over the plan again and tells us to hold on, V jacks into the Turret and Panam smashes the gas pedal down, Passing the gates it emits a high pitched sounding alarm as a squadron of drones come down to try to spot us.

I watch in awe as V takes down the drones with extreme accuracy, Once she takes them out she jacks out and asks if that's all of them

Panam replies "Mhm - Provided we hurry"  

Reaching the 'Receiver Core' Panam reverses a bit to gain momentum and slams straight into the door busting it open, Inside V hops out to overcharge the plant while Panam sets up the Detonator, I hope out as well to get one of the three main computers also overcharging them.

V overcharges the first one insanely fast as i reach my first one, Overcharging that one i hear V cough and stumble while cursing, Worried i hit the final one for her and rush her to her door while i simply jump in the bed of the truck, Knowing this is faster than running around the whole truck or pole in the middle.

Panam drives back out, Tire screeching we make it out of there and drive through the desert, Reaching a cliff edge i hop out the back of the trunk and hop back into the seat behind Panams, As Panam hands V a detonator and V states "Always, Wanted to push the big red button on somethin' like this, How do we know when?" 

"Don't worry, I'll have eyes on it, Just wait for my Signal, Then set off that pulse, They won't know what hit them" Panam states as we all wait. 

"It's there, Coming from Pacifica, All right get ready…. One more second…. One more,  Now!" Panam explains as V pushes the trigger only to find it did nothing, Mashing it repeatedly until it goes off with the AV right on top of the Satwave Tower, Causing it to slow, And slowly fall to the ground before the engines restart.

"Fuck"

Panam rushes out and grab a guided rocket launcher and fires it at the AV, Direct hit and the AV starts losing altitude.