T H E F I N A L C O U N T D O W N : I I

Começar do início

She stepped forward, eyeing it like it held the answer to all her problems.

Then came the sound of heavy steps followed by light ones.

Panic over took Pandora for a moment - she hadn't anticipated this. She was sure the head was going to be busy with a distraction Adir was currently working on.

She swore under her breath, feeling her body grow tense as she searched for an out. The window was too far to reach in such a short limit but the desk... the desk was close enough.

She ducked beneath the desk just as she heard the door handle rattle and open with a loud click. Luckily the desk had a back attached to it so if the head was gonna see pandora, he had to walk towards the front of the desk.

Pandora's body grew rigid with tension and she gripped the material of her skirt in her hand. She could hear his breathing loudly; all her senses on higher alert than ever.

She could hear every creak of the worn out floorboards, the noise of bustling people in the hallways and the shouts of people outside. She listened to his footsteps as he walked towards the desk and a huddled around on the surface of the wood.

She could practically feel him behind her even though there was a thin piece of wood between them.

The head - Mr. Hamil - ruffled through papers on his desk, searching for the important slip he needed. He was sure he left it right here but somehow it wasn't there.

He moved to round the table, shuffling towards the drawers. Unbeknownst to him, pandora sat beneath the wooden desk, her teeth gnawing on her lip in nervousness. She couldn't deal with getting caught right now; she didn't have time for that.

So she quietly hoped that he wouldn't see her as his shoe came into view, followed by another. His hand came down into sight then and she watched him began to bend down, reaching for the handle of the middle drawer just as someone shouted his name.

"One minute!" He yelled back, looking up. Mr Hamill began to reach down once again, only to remember just where he had left the paper. He stood back up to his full height and turned to the filing cabinet behind him.

Pandora sighed intently as she learnt forward slightly to see him looking inside a cabinet. She quickly retracted her head and held her body closer to make herself as small as possible when he turned back around.

"Sir, someone's throwing things off the school roof!" A new voice entered the room as a young girl came running in, alerting the old man. "He's throwing chairs and plates."

"What?" Mr hamil quiestioned as he closed the cabinet with the paper in his hand. "This school is going to be the death of me. Tell Mrs Cathel to get someone onto the roof." He ordered, immediately rushing past the desk without another glance.

"She tried but the student jammed the door." The young girl rushed out beside him and Pandora was too busy to hear the faint click of the lock as they left, occupied in discussion.

Pandora waited a few moments before pulling herself out from under the desk and she patted herself down, letting out a breath of relief. She moved towards the painting, placing her fingers delicately on the sides and pulling the art piece right of the wall.

She smiled as she spotted the safe but her eyes fell on the number pad next. 'Right. Shit.' She thought.

Firstly she tried the usual 1234 and the opposite numbers but that didn't work. Then she began trying random codes that related to the school but even that didn't worked.