T W E N T Y O N E

"I'll put these in the car for you

"I'll put these in the car for you."

I thanked Bentley for his generous help, watching as he lugged the two bags into the elevator and left.

I closed my door, sitting in the dark room as the night sky reflected in my mirror. The world was quiet in my mind and not a peep was heard. Light was replaced by dark and everything was still. I felt like screaming. My head was wrapped in a bubble and I didn't know how to pop it.

I had picked dare, after much consideration.

I let my body drop until my back hit the soft material of the white duvet. I grabbed the pillow, placing it over my face and screamed. A deep, gutteral scream came out, rocking the room into further silence and gave the building an eery feeling.

I took the pillow off my face, staring at the ceiling. Letting my feet hang off the bed, I lay there unmoving.

The fear of what I had done was bubbling in my chest. Only god knew what I had gotten myself into and how much hurt I had just caused myself, for the next few weeks would rock me hard enough to send me into a spiral.

The voice in my mind was quiet for once. There was no images of the piano and the pale girl with dim eyes. There was no sounds of horror as everything disappeared like a lamp had been smashed.

I didn't move as the door swung open.

"Can I come too?" I recognised the voice without having to look. I stayed unmoving, gazing up. "Please?" They begged.

"Why?" I let out a deep sigh.

"Come on, Pan! It sucks being stuck here and I wanna go on an adventure.... plus, we're going back to normal classes."

"I doubt we will be doing any adventuring with my father breathing down my neck." I muttered. I mentally prepared for the visit but there was no way I would be going back 'home'.

"Come on," They groaned, stepping into my room and allowing the light from the hallways to lighten up my dorm room. "We can entertain you."

They grabbed my hands, lifting me up into a sitting position and I glanced at the snowman before me. His eyes were wide with anticipation and I gave in. "Fine. Go pack your bags."

"All done." I sadly smiled at his eager facial expression.

"Go tell the others too. I might as well bring the rest of them." I suggested. He nodded and hurried off, shouting for Hendrix as he ran down the stairs from a distance.

I sat on the bed, watching myself in the mirror.

Bags slowly began appearing beneath my eyes only after one night of restless sleep. I couldn't get my eyes to close without the piano haunting me. I might have to buy myself some sleeping pills if I couldn't sleep before the end of the week.

"READY TO GO!" A shout came in from the opened window signalling our need to depart. I got up, locking the door behind me.

I walked towards Laken and Bentley's room, entering the messy dungeon. Silently, I grabbed a duffel bag from the side and stuffed some of Bentley's clothes for the rest of the week inside before zipping it back up. On my way out, I picked up Laken's bag which he had forgotten on his mission to get Adir and Hendrix.