T W E N T Y E I G H T

There was only one light on in the house as we walked up the cobblestone path and towards the home I had become accustomed to for years when I needed an escape

My hand gripped Bentley's as we came nearer to the door and the feeling of self-hatred roared inside me.

He opened the door for us, keeping my hand in his as he pushed it open and led us inside. He turned around to lock the door and my gaze instantly travelled to the one man sat on the couch.

He sat hunched, his elbows on his knees and he lifted his head upon the sound of us entering. His eyes gleamed with a look that I had seen one too many times and his hair looked to be ran through many times. He sat in the same white shirt and suit trousers with a unfastened tie around his neck.

I felt a squeeze on my hand before Bentley's back invaded my sight as he walked past us and down the dark hallways towards his comrades.

Will's gaze lingered on the front of my dress and I knew he had put it together as soon as he brought his gaze back up again.

He had connected the dots- the shouting, the sudden quiet, the way me and my father had stood against each other and the aftermath after I left. I had gone into that room clean, my dress white and ironed. I had come out with a ruffled dress and dirty scruffy shoe marks on the front.

That's when I noticed the tickets on the table with the envelope beside it. My name was written on the front and I felt numb as it dawned on me what the tickets were. Asford camp. A single ticket. Two years. No return ticket.

My anger brimmed. I moved my gaze.

He truly thought I could be fixed, that leaving me in a deserted camp for two years would make me be 'normal'. Colton Wilson was willing to send me to a desolate, torture camp for two years where punishments were given if one step out of line. Punishments that shouldn't be allowed and you should go to prison for committing.

I think that for the first time, neither of us- Will and me- knew what to do, or knew what the first move was.

So instead we stood in silence just staring at each other in comfortable silence. I had the feeling that we were talking through our eyes, that he understood I didn't want to get into it.

So instead I came and sat across from him in the opposite couch. Bentley's jacket felt rough against my skin and I felt uncomfortable being in the dress after tonight. It was a reminder of one of my worst fears that had come true.

Who knew when my other would come true too. At this rate it was only a matter of time.

I don't know what happened but one minute we were sitting facing each other without a word, and the next, we stood up quickly and I launched myself into his arms. Will wrapped his strong arms around me safely and held me as I rested my head under his chin and circled my arms around his muscular frame as tightly as humanly possible.