F I F T E E N

"Quick!"

"Quick!"

I darted through the door, my trainers quietly squeaking on the polished floor just as Hendrix shut the door behind me. The turn of a lock followed shortly after.

I quickly headed for the office chair, sitting down in it. Hendrix joined my side as I powered the computer, my knees softly knocking against the wooden desk.

"How long?" I asked quietly as the computer turned on, and the password bar popped up.

"Four minutes, max." His voice came in a whisper as he eyed the door.

"Do your magic." I moved the chair to the side slightly, giving him access to the keyboard. He glanced at the screen for a few seconds before his fingers placed themselves onto the board and he began rapidly typing. Black boxes appeared on the screen but were soon replaced by a loading wheel, and soon enough he had gotten us through the password security.

He moved out of the way as I took my place again, clicking through open tabs. I opened up the school setting tab which controlled every device this school had.

The room was silent, only the generator and keyboard clicking filling up the room. I scrolled through the different devices, mine and Hendrix's eyes scanning through the different text briskly.

"Got it" I muttered. Clicking on the tab, I immediately pressed the disable button before giving a thumbs up to Hendrix.

Upon my signal, he moved to the large complicated box in the corner of room. He disappeared behind it for a few seconds before he came back with a smile. The green blinking stopped in the corner and turned off the box.

His smile slipped however, when footsteps began heading this way; his eyes widening. I motioned behind him, springing up from the seat and heading for the cupboard behind him.

I pushed open the door, cramming myself in with Hendrix straight behind me and he slammed the door shut just as we heard the other open. We stayed silent, holding our breaths as we listened to the sounds of someone moving around.

Across from me, hendrix crossed his eyes, sticking out his tongue. I clenched my jaw, - failing to hide a smile - swatting him. He gave me a sheepish smile just as we listened to the door opening and closing once again.

We waited a few moments in eery silence before he opened the door.

His head poked out before he opened the door wider and stepped out. I followed behind him, to find the room empty of other souls.

I turned to him, giving him a high-five with a wide smile on my face. We wandered to the door and I peeked out through a small gap to see the coast clear. Instantly, I opened it and we both filed out.

We quickly stepped away from the room, walking away. I flattened out my skirt as Hendrix fixed his tie and we shared a quick glance before making our way to the canteen, where everyone was having lunch.