T H E F I N A L C O U N T D O W N : I

A/N : I HOPE YOU'RE BUCKLED IN TIGHT ;)

T H I R D   P O V

5:45 pm

Adir sat on the couch alongside Laken, absentmindedly playing with a ring he had found in Pandora's room.

This one was different - Pandora no longer wore the gemmed ring on her hand and instead suggested that if he really wanted one to play with, he could take one from her room. So Adir had ventured into Pandora's room and picked a ring that looked the most similar to her previous one.

For some odd reason he had become accustomed to the small ring because it was one of the first things he noticed about Pandora; that she always wore it. He liked it because the ring was simply gorgeous and he linked it with his friendship with Pandora.

Pandora was one of his best friend, his found family and someone he could confide in just like their other friends; he always held something of theirs' dear to his heart to remind him of them. For example, he kept a chain necklace with a small rose on the end that used to belong to Laken as it reminded him of their meeting on that first day. He didn't want to take it but Laken thrusted it into his hand and basically threatened him until he took it - in a lighthearted way of course.

Adir Levisay had not had much luck in the friends and family department since he was born but he loved his friends.

So for the meantime he carefully took off the chain that used to be Laken's, and looped it through the ring. He silently placed the chain back around his neck and began fiddling with it once again.

He had also asked Pandora where the ring had gone but instead, she shrugged with a knowing smile and hurried off after Lilianne who was holding the cafeteria door open for them to go through. He hadn't seen her after that.

And at this moment in time, Adir felt like something was wrong. He could feel it in his gut which twisted and turned in endless circles; small waves before the large tsunami. He ran his thumb over the small engraved diamonds in the ring as he gazed at the door, waiting for something to happen.

Laken was in the same situation as him. He also sat staring at the door, waiting. Neither would comment on the obvious discomfort shared between them.

A lockdown had been initiated moments ago, leaving everyone locked inside the school. No one was able to figure out the reason why and there was no way of getting out of the school. Hendrix had hacked the server and changed the details so only he had access to the entire control service.

That was step one of the plan complete.

Step two was done two minutes following it. Any automated calls made to essential services were cancelled so no one knew that the school was on lockdown. There would be no police arriving at the scene till there needed to be. The internet was also cut off.