Chapter 18: The Mind of the Strong is Weak

Dream and Nightmare looked around the scape they were in.

Empty. Only VOID.

Apart for a child in the corner.

Crying.

Dream rushed over to it, while Nightmare stayed back, wary of this scene.

"Stay back!"

Dream flinched at the tone, but kept on.

"What do you want!"

"We just want to help."

"Well I don't need your help!"

The child let out an attack.

But it faded before it reached Dream.

The child let out a choked sob.

"W-Why! Why can't things stay the same here! It's horrible, terrifying! Nothing is safe anymore! I-I can't rely on anything, and-and it's all so much!"

Nightmare, who was listening, realised that this child was just scared.

Afraid of the change that was happening to its peaceful, never-changing view of the world.

So he nudged Dream, who froze thinking of what to do

"I'll talk to the little person."

Dream was hesitant. Not after all of the stuff that happened. But he let his brother do it anyway.

Nightmare crouched down to the sniffling child.

"Hey. I know what you want."

The child turned to the skeleton. His aura felt like a warm blanket against her. It felt comforting and safe.

So she answered,

"What?"

"Well, you don't want change. You just want things to stay the same, right? You want everything to stick to your view, am I correct?"

The child was getting hopeful. Did this skeleton know what she meant? Could he help her?

"Yes."

"But change is important. Without change, how could the world flow? How could we progress? What would happen?"

The child had never thought about that. So she said,

"Um... the world wouldn't do anything?"

"Yes! The world wouldn't do anything. So the people won't do anything except follow the same thing over and over and over again. That's boring, isn't it?"

The child nodded. People repeating were annoying.

"So, what if there was change? People would be different. People would find new things, new places, new anything, really. That's good change."

The child was thinking.

Nightmare reached his hand out.

"So, will you let us have our change?"
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎
A/N: So... I was planning to have endings.
And I already wrote them.

There is a good one, and a bad one.
Which one should I do first?
Please comment on the option you want!

A) Good
B) Bad

Also, please vote and comment if you like the idea of a misunderstood kid in a story.
If not, that's fine! Just sit back, and enjoy the ending!