Chapter 6: Outertale and Realisations

A/N: FLOOF LET'S GO FINALLY NO SUFFERING FOR NOOTMARE

But the angst will come... hehehehehe...

3rd Person POV

Nightmare arrived at an astral plain. Another lone tree stood in the middle of the plain, filled with unique fruits. The stars were twinkling happily in the sky, the planets were spinning like a pinwheel, and the smell of butterscotch pie and dew was everywhere around him.

It was Outertale. One of the most captivating AU's Ink had ever created.

Nightmare sighed and sat down on the soft grass, relishing the view of the moons and stars above and next to him. This was so tranquil, he thought, like the days in Dreamtale with his brother. 

"Who are you, my child?"

"AH!"

The moment was ruined by Toriel walking over to Nightmare. She smiled with kindness. 

"Do not be afraid, my child. I am Toriel, Guardian of the Caverns."

"Um..."

Should he say his name? 

'Maybe I should...' he thought. 'Let's try. I have nothing to lose.'

"The name is Nightmare. I know it's similar to that Nightmare, but I can assure you, I am not him."

Outertale Toriel looked at him with hesitation but decided to drop the matter.

"Alright, my child. Do you mind if I call you that?"

"No, I don't."

Nightmare was confused. No one had treated him like this before. Not even his mother. 

(OK, even Nightmare's mother, Nim, got influenced by the emotions he emitted and didn't care about Nootmare in here.)

"Um, miss? Why are you being so nice to me?"

Toriel was horrified. Did someone abuse him before? If so, she was determined to teach him that people can be friendly.

"Because I love to take care of children. Now, let us go into the Caverns."

Nightmare, still being quite childlike, followed her.

"Where are we going, miss?"

"Your new home."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Dream was happy, as always.

Yet something was missing within that happiness.

Nothing. 

Just pain and guilt inside. 

He'd never felt that before.

The possible death of his older brother hit him hard. And I mean hard.

He was inconsolable the first day, sobbing all over the bed.

And felt nothing the next. 

Ink, Blue, and secretly Cross, had come here to visit and comfort him.

They say everything will be OK, that Nightmare will be fine. 

Dream knows they're lying.

But he accepts it anyway. 

He lay in bed, wallowing in his misery, until...

He felt a feeling he'd never thought of in a long time. 

The bond!

His bond with Nightmare surged.

Your new home.

What? 

"Was he following a stranger?" 

Dream thought. 

But honestly, he didn't care. Tears of happiness pooled out of his eye sockets. 

His brother was alive.

That fact alone brought Dream to his knees. His circlet fell to the ground with a clang. He barely suppressed a scream. 

Maybe, just maybe, he was cured. 

Maybe that monstrosity that controlled his brother was gone. 

Maybe...

They could finally be truly happy again.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Three days later...

Nightmare lay in the bed Toriel gave him. It was soft, squishy, and bouncy, but something was missing. 

Dream. (Yeah, it's all about the brothers, why else would I put Nightmare on the cover?)

How his younger brother would have loved this. 

The space theme and all of the stars. 

He wondered where he was. 

But he hoped he was happy. 

He smiled as he thought of Dream. He missed him, but if he was happy without him, so be it. 

"Nightmare! Come down! I got butterscotch-cinnamon pie!"

He lit up. Toriel's pie was HEAVEN. He shot up and ran down the stairs.

"Coming, mom!"

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

A/N: Well, this was short. It was fluff, right? Also, expect a LOT of chapters to be published. My mom is banning me from the computer and iPad until the day after tomorrow till school, which is a week away. Wow, rude. Please vote and comment if you think that Toriel and Nightmare together platonically are pretty sweet. If not, that's OK. Just sit back and enjoy the chapter(That will come sometime later)! Thanks!