Chapter 3: The Arrow of Death...

A/N: Welcome back to Once Upon A Purple Moon. Thanks again Sleaping1 for voting. It means a lot that people like my stories. Onto the chapter!

P.S: Enjoy the sad music!

3rd Person POV

"You got it? YES! Now, I'm going to make the arrow that will cure Nightmare of the goo. Please get out of the room when I'm doing it."

"OK, Sci! Thanks so much!"

And so Dream bounded out of the lab, very hyper. All while thinking,

"Maybe there is hope... in this multiverse..."

After the making of the arrow(I'm lazy and have to go meteor watching.):

"DREAM! IT'S DONE!"

Dream teleported to Science's lab.

"Really?"

"Really. Now, come on, I want you to see it."

They walked to the table, where a single, yellow-tinted glowing arrow lay. 

Dream's eyes shone with joy. 

"So you're telling me, this arrow will help cure Nighty?"

"Yes, Dream. Be careful. You have to shoot him in the tentacles, not the SOUL."

"Alright! Thank you again!"

Dream leapt off with the arrow, bringing it to his room.

Science sighed.

"I love you Dream(as a FRIEND), but please be careful. If you shoot it incorrectly..."

"it would kill Nightmare."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

At Dream's room:

Dream laid it down on his bed. And flopped on it, almost hitting the arrow.

Holding the arrow close, he went and got something. 

Nightmare's cloak. 

Dream started to sob when he examined it. So many memories. Many good ones, yet also many bad ones. 

"I miss you Nighty..."

"I'll get you back. No matter what it takes."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Fate sighed as he hear Dream say those fateful words. 

Every one of them said them.

Every one of them FAILED.

But this time, it's different. 

This time, he helped. For once, he was changing fate.

Ironic.

He could only imagine, with his help, that Dream will finally succeed. 

Maybe...

There could ultimately be a happy ending.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

In Nightmare's mind:

Italic: Passive

Bold: Corrupted

In Nightmare's mind, two sounds echoed across the empty walls.

"Where am I? "

One gradually loses himself within the darkness, lost for a hundred years in his own sorrow.

"Under my control."

One takes over the mind, trying to get authority over the other.

"Who are you? "

"You."

"You're not me! "

"Again, I am you. Just more powerful and negative."

The mindscape fell silent. 

The lighter one was uneasy, anxious about why he was here, and concerned, more importantly, for his brother. What happened to his brother?

"Where is Dream? "

The darker one hissed.

"That pain in the neck is none of your concern."

"He's my little brother! Of course, he's concerned! Umph! "

The lighter one was slammed to the wall of his mind. 

"Shut your mouth, weaker me. That nuisance will certainly be exterminated one day, and you'll get to see it."

That is when the lighter one got furious. You see, he cared for his brother very much. His brother was the most meaningful thing in the multiverse to him. And here the darker one was going, declaring his brother was a pest and how he would be slaughtered. He wouldn't stand for it.

"You don't talk about my brother like that."

And so he attacked the darker one. Or, he tried.

The darker one batted the attack away easily. 

"Well, aren't you a protective one? Time to teach you a lesson you'll never forget."

The lighter one stumbled. His mind was fuzzy and filled with thoughts. 

"Your worthless."

"You can't do anything."

"You couldn't even protect your brother."

"YOUR FAULT"

"No... I'll get out one day."

And so the light one went to sleep, haunted by his own mind, lamenting his choice along the way. 

Maybe...

The thoughts were true.

Maybe he was a failure.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

3 months later...

The Bad Sanses were destroying another AU. 

Ink noticed them ransacking the AU and called the Star Sanses to action. 

They arrived at the AU and saw the destruction.

"Stop this madness!"

That called the Bad Sanses out of their rampage, and they stopped for a moment to look at the Star Sanses. 

"Hey look, boss! It's the goody-two-shoes!"

Nightmare turned around to mock them again.

Dream took the opportunity, knowing he would never and shot the arrow. 

It was precise, it was accurate, and it was supposed to hit the tentacle. 

But Destiny had other plans. Plans that would ruin everything, if the future wasn't handled well.

She thrust Nightmare forward just a tiny bit, then let the results come along. 

Nightmare, with a look of surprise, got hit by the arrow...

In the SOUL.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

A/N: Whew! 2 chapters in a day! Thanks so much for the support. Please vote and comment if you think you know what comes next. If not, that's ok. Just sit back and enjoy the next chapter! Thanks!