Chapter 1: Finding A Way

A/N: Welcome to my first angst story! I have written angst before, but they are minor. I hope you enjoy it! PS: This song is angst in a nutshell. I hope you feel the pain of the music the way I do! It feels fantastic, to be honest.

Dream POV

Where did I go wrong?

I sat down on the floor. Usually, there would be a joyful aura inside my room because of me. But today... it just feels empty. Even my SOUL is aching inside like it remembers something important. There is only one thing, something that happens once a year, that can cause this...

Nighty's birthday...

600 years... That's how long Nighty has become the monster he is today. I still believe he's in the monster in his body, even if Ink doesn't think so.

Oh, Nighty... I wish you were here so I could hug you again and say it's OK and comfort you, so that you would read me Fluffy Bunny every night on the tree, so we could finally sleep under the stars again as we used to. I can't believe I didn't notice all the discrimination, bullying, and pain and suffering they had brought upon you. I was too late. I hope they died a painful death.

Nighty, I... I just miss you! I want you here with me!

I won't give up until I find a way to cure you of that monstrosity that took over your body(TAKE THAT GOOPY OCTOPUS SIMPS(No offence)). 

"Happy birthday, brother." I sniffled, and went to my bed.

But is there a way?

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

3rd Person POV

Three months later...

Dream walked down the hall to Science, dejected. He'd been this way since a month ago when Ink said there was no way they could cure Nightmare, and he was forbidden to continue searching for one.

"I just KNOW that we can cure him! Why won't Ink listen to me?"

He stopped his rambling as his good friend, Science, pat his shoulder.

"Hello, Dream. I see you are quite sad. Is something wrong?"

Dream sighed. Science was the one person that believed in him here. Maybe it was time Dream told him the truth.

"Can I tell you something?"

Science looked at Dream oddly.

"Of course. You can tell me anything, and you know that."

Dream took a deep breath.

"Alright. So, you know Nightmare? God Of Negativity?"

Science is now even more confused.

"What do you mean? Of course I know of his existence!"

Well, Nightmare is- was my brother once, but..."

After the story, Nightmare's past, and the apple incident:

Science looked liked he'd seen a ghost, while he was still processing the sheer amount of information Dream just told him. After a few seconds, he recovered.

"That's a lot to take in."

"I know, it took me to have to live through it to get it. *Dreams look turns stern* You don't have to help me, Sci. I know what you're thinking. This is something personal, I can deal with this on my own."

Science crossed his arms.

"But of COURSE I DO! We're friends, right? And friends help each other. I'm just trying to help you solve your problems."

The look Science gave Dream said:

"If you do not let me help you when you CLEARLY need help with this, I will be tormenting you until you agree."

That was enough to scare Dream into agreeing. Almost no one messed with Science when he was actually trying.

"Fine... Thanks, Sci. For all you've done for me."

Science smiled.

"You're welcome, Dream."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Two weeks later...

Science and Dream have been working tirelessly from after their talk, trying to find something to counter the negative goo in and outside Nightmare. Finally, Science got smarter and made the connection. Since positivity and negativity are opposites, positivity can destroy negativity if it has more of itself than negativity. (It took you two weeks to figure that out?). 

"DREAM! I NEED YOU HERE NOW!"

Dream dashed to Science's lab, hope in his SOUL.

"What is it, Sci?"

"I think I found the key!

"What is it?"

"Since positivity is the opposite of negativity, positivity could destroy negativity if it had a larger amount of itself! I could make a cure, if I had a golden apple of positivity. that had enough positivity to counter all the goo!"

Dream brightened up.

"YES! I'll try to find one in Dreamtale, my old universe. Thank you so much, Sci!"

"Anything for my best friend."

Dream was confused now.

"Am I not your only friend?"

"Details, for once, are boring."

Dream rushed out of the lab, went to Ink's room, stole his paintbrush, his SOUL resonating louder than ever before from excitement.

Then, using the paintbrush, he opened a portal to Dreamtale. For a second, he felt an aura just like his older brother.

"It couldn't be him," Dream thought. "He's gone, isn't he?"

Bur what if it was? He had to say hello, didn't he?

"Here I go, brother. I hope you see me do this!"

He walked through the created portal to his own AU.

But before the portal closed, Dream heard something.

"I am proud of you, Dream, for all the good you've done for the multiverse and your job. I'll see you, maybe soon."

Dream shook his head. Did he just hear his dead brother REPLY TO HIM?

Maybe I was hallucinating, thought Dream. Perhaps it was just the heat.

But he smiled, regardless and mumbled,

"Thank you, brother."

The portal closed shut behind him, leaving him in his tormenting past.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

A/N: Well, there goes my motivation for Wizards are Dumb. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! This was emotionally damaging to my heart. Please vote and comment if you think the voice was, in fact Nightmare(aka Nighty. Dream: HEY! ONLY I GET TO CALL HIM THAT!) If you don't want to or don't think so, that's OK. Just sit back and enjoy the next chapter!