Chapter 11: The Void

A/N: Hi! I'm back from my hiatus. Thanks for all the support and votes on here! I appreciate it because it tells me that the story's doing OK, and also gives me motivation. On with the story!

"Come on!"

Dream and Blue arrived at the base. They rushed to the lab, where Science was waiting.

"Oh, hi Dream! What's going o-"

He stopped mid-sentence as he saw the limp body.

"Oh god, Dream, what happened?"

Dream wiped his tears, and managed to sniffle out:

"W-well, I was playing in the fields in Outertale, and then when I finished, I went to check on Nighty. Then, I saw him limp in the trees!"

Science was now hooking Nightmare to a machine, and scanning his body.

'Ding!'

"Oh, the results are here!"

Science dashed to the machine, lab coat whipping through the air in his haste, and checked the results. His face turned dark and his non-existent eyebrows furrowed.

"Dream, call Ink here. Now. This is an emergency."

Now Dream was worried. Did something happen to Nightmare? But he went out and called Ink to the lab anyways.

Once everyone was gathered in the lab, Science said,

"I have good news and bad news. Which do you want to hear first?"

"THE GOOD NEWS!" said Blue. He wanted Dream to have some hope.

"Ok, the good news is, Nightmare isn't gone."

Dream weakly smiled. At least Nightmare wasn't dead...

"What's the bad news?" Ink asked.

"Nightmare is trapped in the void and technically in a coma. The void is a dimension that even Ink cannot enter."

Dream now looked like he got punched in the SOUL. He tried to hold back the tears, but he was so full of grief, his regret and guilt in liquid form came out of his eye sockets, and he let it.

"Then how am I going to get him back? I'm such a failure... I failed him once, shame on the people to blame. I failed him twice, shame on ME!"

Blue tried to encourage him to have some hope, that maybe Nightmare could still be here, but it was no use. Dream had lost hope, in the process losing control of his role, and there was no stopping the spread of darkness in the multiverse.

Unless...

"Dream, don't start losing hope yet. I have a solution!" Science exclaimed.

Dream sniffled.

"What is the solution, Sci? If Ink can't reach that dimension, what can?"

"Nothing."

The rest of the Star Sanses were confused.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Yeah, you heard me, Nothing. Nothing can open a portal to the void."

Dream was hopeful. But what would they need?

"What will we make Nothing out of?"

Science thought for a moment.

"Well, positivity and negativity cancel each other out because they are opposites... What if we use the same dose of both to make nothing!"

Ink realized the logic and shouted,

"That's a great idea! But how are we going to get it?"

Science faltered for a moment.

"I... don't know."

Suddenly, Dream thought of some things. Some things that just might work...

"I have a suggestion!"

But could it be done?
⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

A/N: Hi! I'm back! Sorry for not updating! But I'm back now! And it's gonna be a ride! Also, please vote and comment if you think you know what Dream is going to suggest. If you don't, that's OK! Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time! 

The next chapter is about the Bad Sanses(FINALLY)!