You/Yumeko Jabami - Interest(Angst)

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, shame on us.

"I'd like the check please."

You felt like an idiot for giving Yumeko yet another chance after bailing on you on the second date. You should've realized that she was losing interest on you when she conveniently forgot the first time. The Yumeko that you used to know would always show up to the date despite whatever got in her way. Ever since she enrolled in the Academy, she's been changing.

Thinking that it was the distance that was putting a strain on your relationship, you switched school. It had worked at first, Yumeko was overjoyed to be going to the same school as you. The feeling didn't last much longer as she continued doing gambles for more money and higher stakes. You had tried talking to her about it but she just kept brushing you off, telling you that it was all in your head and that everything was fine. You should've listened to the blonde that Yumeko suddenly started hanging out.

X

You finally get home without receiving any apologies or notice of being unable to go on the date. The last two times, you had sent her a text but not this time. You were done with the way Yumeko was treating you. Despite how she treated you, you still loved her. Now that you had taken the rose-colored glasses you could see that Yumeko didn't love you anymore.

X

"We're done."

You thrust a box of her things in her hands and rush down the hallway before she could say anything. It was the cowards way to not give her a chance to talk but you knew you would give in to her wishes if the two of you talked. Running away was the better option.

"What the hell, Yumeko? You had a girlfriend."

Yumeko looked down at her things and then down the hallway you had disappeared.

"Not anymore."

She had expected this. She just didn't expect for you to not give her a chance to make you change your mind.

X

Mary was surprised about the way Yumeko was acting. It was like she wasn't at all bothered by the fact that her relationship of 3 years had just crumbled. Mary had tried talking to Yumeko about it out of sheer curiosity but she was just brushed off. It annoyed her and it made her want to get to the bottom of it.

"You're (y/n), right?"

You look up from your work to find the same blonde that Yumeko had seemed to befriend.

"Yeah. What do you want?"

She grins at you and takes a seat.

"I heard what happened. I thought you could use a friend."

You warily eyed her. No one in this school cared for anyone. All of them looked out for each other so it was a little suspicious that she had approached her.