You/Kirari Momobami - Miss

Kirari never took you seriously when you asked her out

Kirari never took you seriously when you asked her out. With the way you asked her, she always believed that you were messing with her. It was always interesting to see the different ways you would ask her out so she played along. What she failed to realize was that you used humor to avoid any serious topics. You wanted to ask her out but you didn't know how to approach her in a serious manner so she knew that you weren't kidding. It was painful to hear her laugh at your attempts but you still persisted. You loved hearing Kirari's laugh and you hoped that eventually Kirari would realize that you weren't kidding.

Today's latest attempts involved filling the student council room with a series of balloons that spelled out 'Will you go out with me?.' You hoped that this attempt would finally work but you had no way of knowing until she arrived.

"I'm telling you. You should've waited. Kirari is not having a good day."

"Runa, it'll be fine. I'm sure this will cheer her up. I even got her a piece of her favorite cake. I'm sure she'll like that."

Runa shrugs her shoulders and goes back to her game. She had warned you so her conscience would be clean if things went south.

Hearing the door open, you stood up and hurried through the sea of balloons to get to the door.

"What is this?"

You hesitate as you hear her cold tone. It was usually never directed at you and you worried that you might've gone a little too far.

"I uh. This was my idea."

She looks around the room, irritated that it would take at least an hour to clean everything up. Normally, you would often brighten up her day but she was too overwhelmed with everything that was going on for you to help out. She had just wanted to get through the meeting and go home.

"It figures. Why would you think that I would want this? I'm not a child. Take it all down. I better come back to find an empty room. Runa, tell the others we're having the meeting in the classroom down the hallway."

"Yeah, yeah." Kirari turns around and heads out. "Listen. Don't take it personally. Kirari is just having a bad day."

Runa felt bad. She didn't think Kirari would be so mean. Everyone knew that you were her favorite person so her reaction didn't make any sense.

"Y..yeah. Thanks, Runa."

"I'll help you out. The others don't show up until half an hour later."

"That's okay. I would rather clean it up alone."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Thank you."

Runa nods and heads out to find the others. You start to clean, feeling ridiculous for ever thinking that Kirari would like the surprise. You should've known that you had gone too far. You didn't cry, refusing to let the emotions get the best of you. Runa had warned you and you didn't listen.