Chapter 30- A trip to Uni

Start from the beginning

I knod my head...I know the story...it was a long winded tale of insecurity and immaturity.

"Did I ever tell that we promised to wait for each other?"

Now that was news to me. I never even knew that they had talked about that.

"Then a monthafter we broke up he went and slept with Clara...then he claimed it was a rebound," She starts tearing up.

"Oh Sandra...I am so sorry. I never knew," I tell her.

"At the time I felt like I couldn't have meant that much to him if he could break  a promise like that so easily...now I feel as if I want nothing more than to have him back. I wish I never got this upset. I wish I didn't love him like this- even 3 hours away he can make me cry. I love him and I hate that I love him so much," she sobs out.

I hug her and let her cry it out until my shirt is soaked.

"You're telling this to the wrong person. You should be telling him this," I tell Sandra.

I mean- I love her and I am glad that she finally let it all out but I can't help but feel that she and Jake need to talk it out and get it all out otherwise neither of them will be able to move on. Sometimes all you need is to talk to gain some clarity.

" I know...you're right I need to go see him. I still want to be with him. The ball is my court and I need to make the first move- that's why I came to ask you for a lift to Jake's university. I can't go alone. I need your support," Sandra asks me with tears glistening in her beautiful brown eyes.

"I'll always be here for you. Just let me grab my jacket and tell Ryan that I am heading off," I say running up the porch to the front door.

Sandra and I took turns driving her blue mini cooper to Jake's apartment. It was about six o'clock when we got there and the sun was on the verge of setting throwing brilliant oranges and reds to set the black sky alight.

When we arrived at the gate the guard asked who was visiting and I gave him Sandra's name.

"Mr Machpup- I have a Ms Nerwet here to see you...Okay sir, I'll let her through,"

The brass gates part before me like the red sea and I drive the car into the lot.

Jake is standing at the bottom pointing to where we can park. Before I can even reverse park into the space Sandra is out of the car- leaving the door hanging wide open- and in Jake's arms.

I can't help but smile at them. Sometimes it was best to start with a hug and take it from there.

Suddenly the fact that I can't park- and am stuck here in the middle of the road with my door hanging awkwardly open- hits me like a ton of bricks.

"I'm sorry," Sandra says, "I shouldn't have blamed you for sleeping with her. We weren't together and it's my fault. I realise that every time we get togther I break it off and hurt you- however if you're willing to take another chance with me I promise that I'll take care of your heart like you did with mine." She rushes out- her words blending together.

'"I was stupid and horny and I just wanted to get back at you- I should be the one apologizing," Jake said whilst hugging Sandra close to him.

"No. There is nothing to apologize for. We can't feel sorry for the past. It has brought us here together today. No matter how long it took. Jake- I love you,"

"I love you."

With that they kiss each other and I opt to turn away. I don't want to see them being nasty.

Then a loud obnoxious hooting brings all of us out of this surreal, movie- like moment. I turn and glare at the person before realizing that I am the idiot blocking the road.

"Hey, could you maybe close my door so I can park?" I yell out at the two of them- who are still busy holding each other like their intake of oxygen is dependent upon it.

Sandra bursts out giggling; at which Jake chuckles and comes over to close my door.

Author's Note

Dedicated to Santhuri24 for nagging me to complete a chapter for two weeks.

Actually completing this in my free period at school coz that's how much i love you guys.

Thinking of writing a spin off for Sandra and Jake after this- which is why i left out a lot of detail about their relationship. Let me know if you;d be interested in reading it. Thanks a lot

Love you tons

LostBandGirl