Episode 56 "The Cinderella in the Cardboard" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Temp then says, "The multidirectional fractures on the skull are consistent with a tire's downward vertical force." Cam adds, "The killer ran her down, and then made sure she was dead by running her over again." Temp then says, "That is much worse than anything I might have done to Sweets. I'll call Booth." I nod, "She's right about that." Temp, Wendell and I are know in a parking lot looking at the cars as Temp says, "Booth got the name of the victim's drinking partner from the bartender at the Champagne Lounge. Joe Fillion. He works in this building." I then point out, "There's another SUV." Wendell nods adding, "DC plates, F793A4." I nod, "Those plates are registered to Joe Fillion." We start looking at the car as Wendell says, "So this guy ran her down, then backed up and ran over her again? That's a bad date." We go to the front of the vehicle as I bend down next to Wendell as he points out, "These stains could be blood." Temp then asks, "What was the height of the patella fractures?" I answer, "54 centimeters... Let me use your neckless." Temp nods as she turns around as I undo her neckless as I say, "I need to measure if the point of impact matches." Wendell then asks, "What happened to your measuring tape?" "It seems that the Egyptology Department played a little prank on me by placing a post-it-note." Wendell then says, "Sorry." I chuckle, "It's all right. I thought it was funny." I then used Temps neckless to measure the car, "Exactly one and a half lengths high. Consistent with the patellar point of impact."

Wendell then says, "The victim's skull was crushed by a tire. It was the proximate cause of death, yes." He take some things out of Temps bag as he then asks, "The victim had black hair, right?" I nod as Temp says, "Yes." He then removes a piece of black hair from the tire as she then says, "I think we found the murder weapon." Temp had told me that the suspect had ran over the dog and it was dog hair, but know we are in Angie's workspace as she shows something on her computer as we were both amazed as Temp says, "I can't believe I didn't see that before." Hodgins comes over to us, "See what? What are we looking for?" Angie starts explaining, "Okay, Owen is a composite of these four other dates. Look, he has a Graham Mouw's chin, Mel Jensen's eyes, Frank Henley's mouth, and Mickey Jasper's nose and cheekbones." "Someone created the perfect man in order to meet our victim."

I nod adding, "Someone who had access to all these photos." We are in the interrogation room with Mr. Rossi says, "That's insane. Why would I create a fake persona just to meet some girl?" Temp then says, "Because your facial morphology is subpar. Your supraorbital torus is too high and thick, you lack a mental eminence." Booth and I say at the same time, "Bones?" "Temp?" Booth continued, "He gets' the picture." Mr. Rossi says, "This is crazy." "Right, we checked with the DMV. We know that you drive a sport utility vehicle. You see, the forensic team is examining your SUV right now." Rossie looks at the ground, "It was an accident." I then speak, "Hitting her once might have been an accident, but running over her twice seems very deliberate." "She said she wanted a funny, smart, successful guy. That's me. I just wanted a chance." Booth then says, "Really, and you thought she'd overlook the fake photo that you put in there, too, huh?" "All these beautiful women on my service, but... none of them will look at me. I'm better than half the losers that sign up." Temp then speaks, "She laughed you off and you followed her?" "No. I was driving down the alley on my way home. She was having a smoke. I rolled down my window to talk, just talk, and she gave me the finger and walked away." Booth adds, "And you ran her down." I add, "Twice." Rossi nods, "I don't know what happened. I'm a nice guy. I'm smart. I'm just what she asked for."

We had closed the case as everyone left. I still had a few things I had to attend to before calling it a day as Temp had brought me cloths from the apartment so I could change into. I had a meeting at a bar/ restaurant with someone who I could potentially invest in for the Institute. Temp had suggested that she came with me since it was already dark outside doesn't want me to go back home alone at night. But I told her it was fine since it I could handle the situation myself if anything were to happen.